Hello From Florida!

turkeyshooter

Thought I would introduce myself. Been making knives for a couple years now trying to soak up everything I can learn from different makers mostly been on the bladeforum known as fdh54turkeyshooter over there. Tracy invited me over here. Just got a new shop built and now finally back in trying to learn what I can. My biggest hump to get over so far is getting that nice grind down, especially at the plunge cut. That newbie from the Netherlands kinda makes me green with envy. I have a Wilton Square Wheel and am still modifying it according to Eds specs from his site the Montana Blade Smith. I still resort back to my 1 x 42 Delta in attempting to get a decent grind. It is slower & mistakes are not made quite as fast.
Anyway I am an old Virginia native that settled into North Florida just below the Okefenokee Swamp, met a local girl and been here ever since. Married 32 yrs now. Doing Stock removal for now, but would love to learn to forge. I move trailers around for a living at a Wal-Mart food distribution center. You could call me a yard dog! Now a knifedog too I guess. I am a turkey hunter & also like to deer hunt. Anyway, nice to meet everyone & I am here to learn. Turkeyshooter Fred

Back