Hello from Vinita Okla.

Al May

Hello to all Knife Dogs, I joined this forum about a week ago,so I guess it is time to introduce myself. I,am not a knife maker(yet) going to give it a shot in the very near future though. Have been doing Damascus billets for six years. My main reason to make billets, is to keep myself busy in the (golden age) otherwise known as retirement. I,really do enjoy trying to come up with new ways to make a pattern. I find it a very challenging aspect of life.

Al May

Last edited:
Welcome to the pack Al. Post some pics and let us see those billets.

Murph

Copyofdogbanner-Copycopycopy.jpg

Guys look in the for sale section. Al is not giving you his full story .He has made grinders . I have a hydraulic press he made for me and he then made him self one because he liked it so much. He is a heck of a machinist also and from what I know of him is very handy in any thing he wants to do. WELCOME Al

Hi to everyone, As soon as I figure out how to post pictures using photo bucket I will post some pic's. Bill Coye is going to talk me thru the process tomorrow so hopefully it will be soon.

Last edited:
You are just down the road. Maybe we can get everyone in this area togather. It would be great! Lots to talk about and maybe work on somethings togather.

Last edited:
Al, glad to have you.
Sounds like you are working your way into knifemaking backwards...

Back