History Channel....Forged in Fire

Thanks for the info Tracy - since there are 8 episodes filmed, I all are complete at this point....

Ken H>

Sorry for not posting earlier but since I'm working a full time night job and at my shop during the day I hardly have time to be on any of the forums. I was in episode 4 and didn't get my handle finished. i'm mostly at another forum that I won't plug but everyone knows. I like this one, especially since I order a lot of stuff from the owner. I got involved from Instagram. I post most of my work their and on Facebook. What I was told to expect and the reality of the show were night and day. I honestly thought we had 5 days to make a knife so when they announced the challenge I was pretty shocked. A ton of things, and equipment failures were edited out. Of course with 4 guys and a limited timeline to show the show I expected over 80 to 90 percent of the footage to be cut. Like you guys I was finding out the rules and what I could have done as the other episodes aired. The whole time I thought we had to pass the ABS performance test.

A few good things since the show aired I have had about 8 people to my shop to try their hand at forging a blade. I think 2 or 3 are going to be serious and will be future blade smiths.

Their's still a whole lot that happened that we can't talk about due to our contracts. I believe 90 days after the last air date we can let out some of the juicy details. If you are going to be in the Vegas area I'll gladly tell you more in person. I'll be at the USNG7 show briefly to network and meet old friends before heading off to work.

I believe they said their will be a season 2 already. Spin off shows are being talked about. I'm hoping to do a documentary on getting my JS stamp. Well that's really all I can say other than I hope you were entertained.

Sorry for not posting earlier but since I'm working a full time night job and at my shop during the day I hardly have time to be on any of the forums. I was in episode 4 and didn't get my handle finished. ...QUOTE]

Thank you for posting.
I identified and sympathized with your trials, you sound at peace with it.
The show must be a huge learning curve for everyone that was involved, not just you participants.
If they do continue, and hope they do, the producers will have learned a lot and the show will be better.
Thank you.
Rich S.

Glad to have you here. It's OK to be on more than one knife site. I don't post much across the others anymore but I still check in.

The show format was clearly a surprise to all the contestants. Season 2, which I'm hoping will happen, will give those contestants a huge advantage on what to expect and prepare for. I thought every contestant really stood up and did a great job under the circumstances. Hopefully you had a great experience other than the stress at the time and your knife sales go up as a result.

t

Sorry for not posting earlier but since I'm working a full time night job and at my shop during the day I hardly have time to be on any of the forums. I was in episode 4 and didn't get my handle finished. i'm mostly at another forum that I won't plug but everyone knows. I like this one, especially since I order a lot of stuff from the owner. I got involved from Instagram. I post most of my work their and on Facebook. What I was told to expect and the reality of the show were night and day. I honestly thought we had 5 days to make a knife so when they announced the challenge I was pretty shocked. A ton of things, and equipment failures were edited out. Of course with 4 guys and a limited timeline to show the show I expected over 80 to 90 percent of the footage to be cut. Like you guys I was finding out the rules and what I could have done as the other episodes aired. The whole time I thought we had to pass the ABS performance test.

A few good things since the show aired I have had about 8 people to my shop to try their hand at forging a blade. I think 2 or 3 are going to be serious and will be future blade smiths.

Their's still a whole lot that happened that we can't talk about due to our contracts. I believe 90 days after the last air date we can let out some of the juicy details. If you are going to be in the Vegas area I'll gladly tell you more in person. I'll be at the USNG7 show briefly to network and meet old friends before heading off to work.

I believe they said their will be a season 2 already. Spin off shows are being talked about. I'm hoping to do a documentary on getting my JS stamp. Well that's really all I can say other than I hope you were entertained.

Back