Horton Camp Blood and EDC ..tactical look

P

peppercorn

I'm trying for a ''tactical look'' in this scene. I'm still working on my lighting and set up. What do you guys think...of the scene and the knives?

3973498820_464de7161e_b.jpg

3972732115_fb5b566fb3_b.jpg

3972730563_b2b9ebf6a8_b.jpg

3973505964_21917a4215_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looks great peppercorn. I have heard that it is better to have only the knife in the picture with nothing else though. On some knives I agree with having it only in the picture, but I think your setting adds to what I believe you want to convey about the knives.

Ron, Thanks a lot. I am trying for a tactical knives/weapons look and feel in this photo set up by using the associated props. These knives have also been shot alone to showcase their individual attributes. I am new to still life photography in general but more so when it comes to knives.

Thanks Jeremy!... and you are more than welcome. Thanks for hooking me up with this forum and these two great knives!

Peppercorn,
I think the setting looks very good, everthing is well placed. Don't know if the lighting was different or shooting angle or both but, I think the third photo shows the detail of the scales best and I think the blades show better in that photo also. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

looks tactical to these ex army only thing these young guys dont use wheel guns much anymore i do like the smaller of the to myself graveyard

Last edited:
Peppercorn
I think the pics are great it sometime helps to show them in the arena they are intended for, I am working on tacticals right now and I work in a prison so the officers are my prime selling base now and when I show them pics with the gear they use it help me to sell, just personal opinion

Fine knives, fine guns, fine photography. It just doesn't get any better.

Milt, Thank you for your opinion.

Milt

Peppercorn
I think the pics are great it sometime helps to show them in the arena they are intended for, I am working on tacticals right now and I work in a prison so the officers are my prime selling base now and when I show them pics with the gear they use it help me to sell, just personal opinion

Danny, Thanks a lot.
I am working along the same idea. I am not a maker but I want to help my friend, who is a maker, target different individuals. My intent was to come up with themes that played to the target audience. This one, minus the revolver, being leo or military or just knife/gun enthusiast.

Back