ICCE succeeds!

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
We have succeeded in bringing together The Knifemakers Guild and The American Bladesmith Society for the greatest knife show on earth!
THANK YOU to all who had a part in this,The Guild,the ABS,and all who attended and especially all who bought knives.
It's going to happen again next year so start making your plans to attend as a table holder or buyer.
It was good to meet so many of you Knife Dogs that I hadn't met before and see some of you again. The only disappointment I had at this show was that John Doyle couldn't make it.
If your a custom knife buyer or maker this is THE show to attend.

Last edited:
Calvin, do you have any idea what the attendance numbers were (customers through the door)? I had a great time and have table for next year.

From my perspective at the back of the room, the show was very good. I passed Calvin's inspection board and got my voting membership in the Guild. I met a bunch of my internet buddies including Bruce Bump, Don Hansen, Ed Caffrey, Steve Culver, Justin Presson, Chris Jones, and many more. I had two fancy knives and told myself going in that I could call it a success if I sold one. I sold one of the nice ones (double bolstered, mammoth ivory with scrimshaw), and two more. I've never been to a show with this many quality makers, nor a show with this many people buying knives. The suppliers were good, and there was alot of excellent stag, although at fairly high prices. Always good to see Pop and Kay, as well.

I didn't sign up for a table for next year, mostly because I didn't have the cash to pay for it on the spot, but also because I was in the doghouse with the wife for going in the first place. I am surely going in 2017, but haven't decided on 2016 yet.

I met a bunch of my internet buddies including Bruce Bump, Don Hansen, Ed Caffrey, Steve Culver, Justin Presson, Chris Jones, and many more.

I didn't sign up for a table for next year, mostly because I didn't have the cash to pay for it on the spot, but also because I was in the doghouse with the wife for going in the first place. I am surely going in 2017, but haven't decided on 2016 yet.

Holy $&*! that is quite a list you added me in on! Congratulations again on voting membership. I too found it a pleasure to meet you along with many others I consider idols. I only wish you and some others had the chance to make it over to John's house for some after hours visiting.
I completely understand the doghouse and expendable cash. My concern would be unless they change venues to increase table numbers, I can certainly see tables selling out far in advance and there not being room for everyone who wishes to have a table.
I had a great time there on Saturday. I should have went back Sunday but didn't. I almost felt rushed I wanted to talk to so many people, that I passed up taking the chance to visit with many great makers, just because the name wasn't on my 'list'. I greatly appreciate those of you with tables that took the time to visit with me and several of you even looked at my slip joint sketches. I am fully aware I am not the type of attendee that pays the bills, and always tried my best to step out of the way of anyone else looking at the table.
Chris

Last edited:
I'm glad they are going to do this show again next year. Kaye and I had a great time although it wasn't cheap, good thing we sold a few. I won Best of Show and couldn't be happier. It was great to meet so many old friends, some KD friends and meet some great new ones from the Guild. I went for another table next year as I promised a couple knife orders for next years show.

I'm a little late to the party here but I want to say a big thank you to all that worked so hard to make this show a reality. I had a great time! I even sold a knife! The real value of the show was truly in the people. I mean come on, Gil Hibben asked me to watch his table! Had to keep Bruce from snagging himself an Expendables knife. I have a feeling with the success of this first show, next year will be huge. I've got my table for 2016.

Bob

Fantastic show. Maker of top quality (not me :biggrin: ).
I was very proud to be in that room.
I booked the table for next year.
Denis

I'm really late for this party, but the show was awesome! I have never seen that many super star makers and their amazing knives in one place in my life. Truly an epic experience and I can't wait until next year! It was a well ran affair, well attended and I know a lot of makers sold knives. I threw money down on next years table already.

Peter

Back