In dire need of some high quality extra large buckeye burl

Gahagan

Ok Makers if you are like me you have stash of woods laying around. I am in dire need of some high quality extra large buckeye burl. 1.25 x2.15 x5.5 or larger. I took a job making a donation piece for the U.S Calvary and Armor Assocition to raise money for for wounded Veterans. I took a chance on a wood company that I had never used before because I could not find any of my regular supliers that had any Buckeye burl in stock. Well the burl got here nd it was beautiful but the stabilizing sucked bad. The material had large voids in the center and was just unusable. Now I am back at step one and need material fast. Please let me know what you have.:sad:

Does it have to be buckeye? I have lots of other stuff if you need something.
redwood, maidou, bog oak, gidgee, and some other stuff.

I can send stuff out starting Monday.

Yes. The knife will have a display box with it an it is already being made with buckeye burl. Thanks though. I never thought it would be this hard to find some quality buckeye burl.

I searched through my stash and everything I have on hand thats stabilized and ready to use. is under 2" Sorry. Good luck with your search.

Check with Ray Kirk. Rakerknives
He has been having some buckeye stabilized by K&G. I know he had some very large blocks if he has not sold them.

I have a stabilized block about that size. It's mostly dark, though. Shoot me a PM or email if you'd like to see a photo.

Back