Jesse James

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
Jesse has been emailing me and asking about etching damascus to get some contrast. He has been forging for about 5 years now and has been developing a 1911 pistol made from his own damascus. This is the result. I would love to have this!

I'm hoping to coax him on here to give some details of his journey with forging and firearms in general. I doubt there is anything he can't build including handmade motorcycles and cars. He doesn't do the Hollywood scene anymore but enjoys the simpler, quieter life of building guns.

image1_zpse998e2fe.jpeg
image2_zpsab9bb085.jpeg
image4_zpsc2b01ae0.jpeg
image5_zps79f8c9b9.jpeg
image3_zpsc09a416b.jpg

That sure is a Beauty! I would love one of those in Commander size with the front of the trigger guard filled in with some Jimping so my ape hands and fingers can wrap around!

It would be great to have someone with those talents join up! I just laughed cause I worked some jimping in on a 1911! LOL

Thanks Bruce for the kind words, and the help getting my etching dialed in.
Even though I'm not really a knife maker I really feel like I belong here. Feel welcome.
jesse j.

oh we'll get you making a knife or two.
then you'll have another obsession to haunt you..
t

Thanks Bruce for the kind words, and the help getting my etching dialed in.
Even though I'm not really a knife maker I really feel like I belong here. Feel welcome.
jesse j.

Yep! You will be making matched sets of 1911's and Bowie knives in no time!:biggrin:

Welcome to the pack!

Jesse, that's just beautiful! 1911 is my all time favorite handgun and that one - that's my all time favorite 1911. Thanks for letting Bruce share it, and Welcome! You found a good place.

Awesome gun, damascus makes everything look better. Knifemaking is highly addictive, just play around the edges for a while next thing you know your hooked

Wow that sure is a cool pistol!! I would like to see Jesse make a knife to go with that pistol!!
thanks for sharing

living in Austin and making things from steel. That is a great life. Hope to have it some day myself. Beautiful gun, Jesse. Bruce, thanks for sharing it. I love your wip threads, too.
kc

Jesse, that 1911 would look awesome with a trench knife with your personal twist matched up with it. cant wait to see what you share with us next. Apropriate name to popeofwelding

Here's a tv pilot I made a little while back. Thought you guys would enjoy..

[video=youtube;Y_DTKASREEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_DTKASREEM[/video]

watched the whole episode. I hope that would make it to air, I would definitely watch that show

Jesse,
It is great to see that you have expanded your work. In Outlaw Garage you made reference that you had spent quite a bit of time understanding the old ways of metalwork. This seems to be a natural transition into what you are doing now. I hope you take the challenge to do a knife to go with that 1911...or maybe a few.
I will watch out for pictures!!!

- Jason

Back