• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
1. The name of this award says it all.

Who is our "TOP DOG"?

Who is the one person you feel has done the most to make this site the success that it is, who makes your stay here more comfortable, who selflessly has helps others whether they are members or not, who spends their precious time in community service.?????

Your nomination here requires a couple paragraphs explaining why you think that they are our own "TOP DOG"

2. No photos required.

I hereby nominate Mr. Steve Janik for my choice as "Top Dog". This is a very hard category in which to choose just one person who has given so much to Knife Dogs. There are so many people who have gone way out of their way to help this forum become what it is today that they all deserve an award for their generosity and their time given. Narrowing down this list to just one person is a real tough endeavor but I have made my choice.

Steve joined about the same time I did back in 2009 so we were newbies together. Since that time Steve has provided us all with some great giveaways, terrific support, and as always, lots of humor. He gave of himself at Blade 2010 by working at the first Knife Dog booth instead of prowling the aisles as I am sure he wanted to. He daily supports KD by being a Supermod and he has taken on the daunting task of being Awards Boss. He not only freely gives of himself when asked but also volunteers for some tough jobs.

Steve has also shown the courage to post WIPs to share his knowledge with others and to help them on the road to improving their knifemaking skills. For a relatively new maker to do this is going beyond the call of duty in my estimation. To sum up my feelings about Steve and what he has contributed and how he has given of himself, I can think of only one more thing to say: Steve, I'd be proud to share a foxhole with you.

Tracy already stated "no Mickley's are eligible" because he's modest like that. If a KD award was to be named after anyone, it should be the "Mickley Award".

Man... I've really struggled with this because there are several folks who've really given a lot to make this forum a truly friendly and valuable resource for us.

But after a lot of thought I have to put Mike Carter's name in the hat. Like the gentlemen already mentioned, he busts his behind to help new guys, contributes here and many other places, and is one heck of a maker in his own right. I consider him a role model and a fine ambassador of the knifemaking community.

Last edited:
I agree with Sean There are so many great people on KD its hard to just pick 1!!!

Id like to nominate, Mr Ed Caffrey, As I looked back through his posts trying to find a pics to nominate I realized that Ed had continually been is a very helpful source of info! In my short time here on the forum, I have read and learned alot from his posts and see that he jumps right in to help everyone. and has no favorites.
Iv found that the info he shares is based on his years of experience and to most of us this is priceless. Thank you Ed. God Bless YA!

Randy

I'll state this again... I am out of any of these..

I nominate Steve Janik. Most of you have no idea how much he helps around here.
I also nominate Jeff Pearce. He has swatted down more spammers than the rest of us combined.

I also nominate Mr. Steve Janik for my choice as "Top Dog".
He provides excellent customer service, great advice and several of the best knives I own.

His akula knife series design is innovotive and well executed design. I am looking forward to more of his work.
I agree with Denny Eller: "He daily supports KD by being a Supermod and he has taken on the daunting task of being Awards Boss. He not only freely gives of himself when asked but also volunteers for some tough jobs."
thank you Mr. Steve Janik!

John

I would like to nominate Bill Coye For all his help with the raffles we did when we first started knife dogs. I was having problems keeping up with all the Ed Caffrey benefit raffles by my self and Bill Jumped in and helped.

This is a hard one..........:)

I have to say I nominate Mr. Steve Janik for all he does not only here but everywere.
He works his butt of for the the web site, And heads the "American Valor Outdoors" program.
From what I understand he is part of other charities and will help anyone in need.

Steve deserves the Top Dog award because........Well he is a top dog.

I would like to nominate murphda2. Murph has help out a lot around here .He help get the dog pound at blade together. He also helps me with the spammers when he can, he's a little slow sometimes....lol

Last edited:
I don't care what Tracy says, we all know that it is a toss up whether he or Lora is Top Dog here. He can just say that he won't accept the award,,, but we know.

When I log onto KDs and go to the main form page, there is something that always sticks out to me. I can't help but see the Most Viewed Forum Thread. At any given time, there are two - three of the five most viewed threads all started by Steve Janik. I am on the phone with him quite a bit and he is usually doing something on the computer for KDs whether it is at home or at his main job. Steve works to bring the KDs community to a higher and higher level.
I know he is going to try to back out of the running for this award because that is just how he is. However, I know a certain boss of the dogs that will ensure that will not happen hehe.
Steve, consider yourself nominated...again...for Top Dog

~EP

I consider It an honor to have been placed on the list with the other names we have here. It takes a team effort to make knife dogs run smoothly.We have come a long way in a short time and I think It has gone fairly smooth with the help of everyone here. That is why the knife dogs is home for me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back