Kimmi's Cutlery Photos

GeneK

KNIFE MAKER
I used a stamp before the laser engraving. I think it has too many letters that are too small and it makes it hard to get it deep enough. After sanding out a couple of my stampings, I came across this company that does the etching.

I don't see how you could get much crisper than the laser. If you'd like, I can have a sample lasered and send it to you.

MikeL

KNIFE MAKER
I used a stamp before the laser engraving. I think it has too many letters that are too small and it makes it hard to get it deep enough. After sanding out a couple of my stampings, I came across this company that does the etching.

I don't see how you could get much crisper than the laser. If you'd like, I can have a sample lasered and send it to you.
That’s a very generous offer. Let me hunt around here for someone that does this kind of work first. Thank you.

Here are a few that I finished up this week. First is an EDC with a cocobolo handle and 1084 blade.

This one is a 1084 EDC blade with curly koa.

The last EDC blade is 3/32" 52100 with thumb jimping and a figured walnut handle.

Last is a new gut hook design with a 1084 blade and curly koa for the handle.

I am going to start including a certificate of authenticity with each knife. One of these knives was picked up today and the customer loved the idea of this. I think having it hand written goes well with a hand made knife.

I think my photography is getting better too.

It is so hard to take pictures of shiny objects without glare and distortion. I struggle with taking decent pictures. This bunch of pictures is very good. Nice background and clear handles without the blade being all wonky. Nice job!!

It is so hard to take pictures of shiny objects without glare and distortion. I struggle with taking decent pictures. This bunch of pictures is very good. Nice background and clear handles without the blade being all wonky. Nice job!!
Thanks Dennis. I took some advice from someone here if I remember right, and took these outside, right at sunset in a shadow. I think they are the best I've taken.

BrandantR

Very nice knives, Gene. I just designed a new certificate of authenticity a couple of days ago. I think it adds a personal touch and the client knows he is getting something unique and special.