KMG Shipping Delays

Nice setup! Looks good. My grinder is the No Weld grinder from Tracy as well. It does a good job, but I'm beginning to see that I will outgrow it eventually. I'll just have to save up for it like you did!

Nice setup! Looks good. My grinder is the No Weld grinder from Tracy as well. It does a good job, but I'm beginning to see that I will outgrow it eventually. I'll just have to save up for it like you did!
A no-weld will certainly get the job done. I always had trouble matching my grind lines due to some belt wobble. The two blades I ground today are 100 times better with a lot less effort. It makes a huge difference.

I have not set mine up yet. Odd that I had no delays in shipping - less than three weeks.
Glad you like it and your set up looks efficient.

i’m looking forward to the articulating tool rest.

Last edited:
Randy: Glad you got your machine! You just took a HUGE leap in grinders!

Just so everyone knows, I spoke with the new owner of Beamont..... the delays were/are being caused by a parts shortage issue. Some of their TX parts are laser cut, and the company that does them, also has a contract with FEMA..... who gets priority when they want a job done, which is what happened/is happening. There were also other minor issues involved, but the main one was the lack of parts.

Randy: Glad you got your machine! You just took a HUGE leap in grinders!

Just so everyone knows, I spoke with the new owner of Beamont..... the delays were/are being caused by a parts shortage issue. Some of their TX parts are laser cut, and the company that does them, also has a contract with FEMA..... who gets priority when they want a job done, which is what happened/is happening. There were also other minor issues involved, but the main one was the lack of parts.
Would have been nice if the lady on the phone would have said that. One time it was “ we’re waiting on switches”. The next time it was “we’re short people due to Covid 19”. I can totally understand unforeseen parts shortages. Just tell me that and all is good.

Well the never ending grinder saga continues. Ordered the articulating tool rest and an extra tool arm. Got the extra tool arm but they haven’t shipped the toolrest. They said they would get it out to me. Now the only question is when. I love the grinder but there are others as good. This is the worst customer service that I’ve dealt with in years. I’ve already decided if anything happens to the grinder I’ll fix it myself.

Well the never ending grinder saga continues. Ordered the articulating tool rest and an extra tool arm. Got the extra tool arm but they haven’t shipped the toolrest. They said they would get it out to me. Now the only question is when. I love the grinder but there are others as good. This is the worst customer service that I’ve dealt with in years. I’ve already decided if anything happens to the grinder I’ll fix it myself.
Now I need to go look in my boxes!

I just opened all the boxes. One tool arm was shipped with the grinder/box with the tool arm in the inserted position. One long package included the extra tool arm and the work rest tool arm. The package with the motor included the articulating tool rest parts and the control bracket. Three packages total.

Randy I hate this happened to you. I know the ‘other’ forum has mentioned poor customer service and that is a bad thing to have in our hobby.
But I can honestly say, I’ve ordered two grinders and both without a hitch. I haven’t called but they did answer my emails timely.

Well it's cool you got the grinder, gotta love that! Sorry you had the issues you've had, seems pretty much the norm with all the issues currently happening in our country. Hope it gets sorted soon!

Yep. That’s the problem they only sent me two. They issued a tracking number for the third but never shipped it
You would think that with the amount of money you spent, that the LEAST amount of customer service that you would get is the truth. I ,personally , cease any business with ANY vendor that tells me a lie or avoids contact. I don't care what their reasons are.

Back