KMG Shipping Delays

You would think that with the amount of money you spent, that the LEAST amount of customer service that you would get is the truth. I ,personally , cease any business with ANY vendor that tells me a lie or avoids contact. I don't care what their reasons are.
Yep. After my experience with them I will not be purchasing anything else from them. Nor will I recommend them.

Yep. After my experience with them I will not be purchasing anything else from them. Nor will I recommend them.
I've avoided this thread because there are some people here that really love their KMG. It seems you either get a great one or a crappy one. I'm on the crappy side. The KMG I have has never tracked right. In less than 40 knives I've replaced all of the bearing, the most recent where the main flange bearings. When you spend that kind of money it should last longer then 40 knives. I wouldn't recommend a KMG.

I've avoided this thread because there are some people here that really love their KMG. It seems you either get a great one or a crappy one. I'm on the crappy side. The KMG I have has never tracked right. In less than 40 knives I've replaced all of the bearing, the most recent where the main flange bearings. When you spend that kind of money it should last longer then 40 knives. I wouldn't recommend a KMG.
Did you get the TX?
Do do you contact them about the issues you were having?
My first grinder was a KMG (Old style) and I never had any issues with it.

The grinder itself is awesome. I ground two blades the day I received it and it's truly a nice machine. Runs smooth and the tracking is dead on. I couldn't be happier with the grinder. Customer service not so much. Today I received a tracking number for the workrest that they failed to ship. Should only be one box but the tracking details says its two boxes. Who knows what is gonna show up. Scheduled for delivery this Friday. I guess we'll find out then.

The grinder itself is awesome. I ground two blades the day I received it and it's truly a nice machine. Runs smooth and the tracking is dead on. I couldn't be happier with the grinder. Customer service not so much. Today I received a tracking number for the workrest that they failed to ship. Should only be one box but the tracking details says its two boxes. Who knows what is gonna show up. Scheduled for delivery this Friday. I guess we'll find out then.
Glad to hear you like the grinder. Hope to have mine set up within a week or so.

You guys are not gonna believe this. Received my work rest from KMG and they sent the wrong arm. They sent a regular tool arm instead of the work rest tool arm. If I was writing a script on how to screw up a shipment I couldn't have done better than KMG. Kinda hard to believe that a company that makes such a great grinder can be so incompetent. I'm out of patience and if I ever get the correct order I'm done. I will not be doing any more business with KMG.

You guys are not gonna believe this. Received my work rest from KMG and they sent the wrong arm. They sent a regular tool arm instead of the work rest tool arm. If I was writing a script on how to screw up a shipment I couldn't have done better than KMG. Kinda hard to believe that a company that makes such a great grinder can be so incompetent. I'm out of patience and if I ever get the correct order I'm done. I will not be doing any more business with KMG.

I'd return every piece (on their dime)of that and demand a refund. Covid19 or whatever else.....that's absolutely inexcusable.

If they knew you already had concerns/issues, they should bend over backwards to make sure you had ZERO further issues or delays.

They have failed you miserably twice now. If they refused your refund, I'd be VERY loud on all social media/knifemaking platforms.

Absolutely pathetic on their part. I wasn't considering buying any KMG (because of too many issues good friends have had) but if I was, this would make sure I NEVER sent KMG a dime for anything.

I'd return every piece (on their dime)of that and demand a refund. Covid19 or whatever else.....that's absolutely inexcusable.

If they knew you already had concerns/issues, they should bend over backwards to make sure you had ZERO further issues or delays.

They have failed you miserably twice now. If they refused your refund, I'd be VERY loud on all social media/knifemaking platforms.

Absolutely pathetic on their part. I wasn't considering buying any KMG (because of too many issues good friends have had) but if I was, this would make sure I NEVER sent KMG a dime for anything.
The thing is John, I really like the grinder. It's a very nice machine. I've just resigned myself that if anything happens to it I might not be able to count on KMG to take care of it. That shouldn't be the case but it looks like that's where I'm at. To make matters even better the wrong arm they shipped was damaged. It looks worse on the other end.
17642-D35-30-DB-4-A0-C-A2-EC-E4619-B0-EBC6-E.jpg

Customer Service reputation is why I chose a Pheer. I have contacted Jose' a few times for various questions and once when my KBAC failed and I had zero problems. He does not have the big name recognition like Beaumont but his grinder is rock solid and he cares about his product enough to deal directly with me when I need him to do so. My concern with your current experience Randy would be even though I really like the grinder, what is it going to be like if you have to make a warranty claim in two months?

I agree with John wholeheartedly. Their treatment of you as a paying customer is absolutely unforgivable. Send it back. ( and just buy alot of good files. Tee hee hee .you know me and my opinion of files !!!!)

Just received a very courteous and apologetic call from Andrew at KMG. I appreciate him doing that. Correct arm is being shipped and I'm sure there won't be any further drama. I'm more confident now that any future problems will be handled. Enough of this, I'm gonna go make some knives.

Do you think the arm was damaged in transit? I hate to think they would send that out ?

Back