Knife #24: Redwood Mini-Chop

Erin Burke

{Cross-posted with BF}

Good morning guys,

I just finished this knife up yesterday and am lovingly referring to it as a mini-chop. The plan was for a dark look that complemented the redwood burl, so I went with a blued guard and a bit of a darker etch on the blade. We had a bit of drama during construction, this knife and I... but I am pleased with how it all shook out. ;)

Some Stats:
Length: 13-1/2"
Blade: 7-11/16" (Tip to Choil)
Steel: Differentially heat-treated 1095 (from Kelly Cupples) Flat-Ground
Handle: Stabilized Redwood Burl (from Mark Farley at Burl Source)
Guard: Blued mild steel (from a plate I found on the side of the road)

7092319589_3aef26f145_b.jpg

7092379235_13da679b5b_c.jpg

What do you think?

Erin

I think you did a fantastic job !!! I love the handle , blade , gaurd .. Everything !! Great job !!!

The grace of the top line/Spine of the knife is perfectly accented by the angles of the cutting edge with it's recurve and drop point. The hamon increases the overall beauty along with the Redwood handle shape & fittings!
To The MOON!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Thanks guys. It's kind of an atypical design... I liked the flow of it when I drew it out on paper, but wasn't sure how it would translate with others.
Now I feel all warm and fuzzy. Best way to start off a rainy Friday morning. :biggrin:

Erin

Erin it looks really bad. You need to send it to me and I will make sure no ever sees it again. It will be out of sight out of mind. No just kidding it is a great looking knife.

Back