Knifedog Awards

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
Hey everyone

It is that time of the year again. Everyone find pictures of your favorite knife made by your favorite knifedog.

Prestigious winners will get (Besides fame and fortune) a genuine knifedog awards plaque and 25$ gift certificate at Midwest Knifemakers Supply.

We are going to have a couple minor changes to the categories this year (I will keep you posted).

Due to a little confusion last year I want to clarify a few points

The nominated knifemaker should be a member here. Please don't nominate someone who is not a member here

We need the handle they go by on here if it is different than their name.

Nominated knifemakers can have their work stand in any two categories.

The knives submitted for voting should be made in 2014

I have to get a hold of the knifemakers after they are nominated so if your nominated please keep an eye out for a PM regarding the voting.

Have fun and good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad. Thanks for taking the time to run this.

There have been some amazing pieces of work shown here on KD this year..

Blessings
Randy

Brad, thanks for handling this. I always look forward to the "Doggie Awards" each year

Last edited:
All right guys and gals we have the threads up and ready for you to nominate your favorite knife or knifemaker. There have been a few changes this year. The Non tactical fixed blade has been broken into knives 10" and longer (overall length) and under 10". There has been a new category for knives made from a kit or blank. I have a list below of all the categories for this year.

1 Topdog
2 Kitchen knives
3 Tactical folder
4 Tactical fixed blade
5 Non tactical Folder
6 Non tactical Fixed blade over 10" total length
7 Non tactical Fixed blade under 10" total length
8 Neo tribal / Bush craft / Axe, hawk, hatchet
9 Kit Knives and blade blanks
10 Best forum educator
11 New maker
12 Leather work

I want to mention a couple things here. It was great timing for Bossdog running a photography contest. Pictures are all we have to go on here so give us the best picture you can. The other thing is I usually have to contact 90% of the makers that are nominated. So please put the name of the maker and their handle they go by on here if it is different.

Good luck to all you guys and have fun and Merry Christmas

Your daily reminder.

We have only had a few nominations so far. Here is your chance to nominate your favorite knife/knifemaker.

Can we nominate ourself? Maybe we are our favorite knife maker? :)
In all seriousness, do we have to be nominated by somebody else?

Can we nominate ourself? Maybe we are our favorite knife maker? :)
In all seriousness, do we have to be nominated by somebody else?

This question came also to my mind.....(?)

'We need the handle they go by on here if it is different than their name"
Can anybody explain this sentence in different words? it is hard to grab the sense, google translating makes it even more confused.

Thanks
jeremiah

Hey Bruce, hope I'm not speaking wrongly here, but in years past we could nominate ourselves. I don't see that things have changed.

Guys- self promotion is a HUGE aspect of our craft, and an important one especially for those of us that are in this for a living and/or profit. I don't see it any different here. I'd say if a maker has a knife they like or thought it was representative of there best work, don't be shy about posting it up. We are our own best salesmen. Sometimes in order to be promoted at all, we have to promote ourselves. :D

Jeremiah-

means this: If you nominate someone else, please make sure you post the name they use in this forum if it is different than their real name.

Hope that helps.

You can nominate your own work, as John pointed out self promotion is part of the game.

Sorry for any confusion by the term "handle". I guess google has not caught up Nova Scotia terms. "Me Son" An example of what I mean is "HHH Knives" is the handle Randy Haas uses. Now I know a few guys on here but not everyone. Sometimes in the past I get a real name but not their handle, nickname, etc. Often I need to get a hold of them and it becomes difficult unless I know who is who.

Sorry for the confusion

Jeremiah-

means this: If you nominate someone else, please make sure you post the name they use in this forum if it is different than their real name.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that helps in deed.Thank You John!

Well guys I'm going to lock the threads for nominations around the end of the month and set up the polls. Get your nominations in while you can, soon it will be too late

I'm just getting the last of things sorted out. Hopefully I can have the polls up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay

I should add I have had to do a lot of editing to the posts. Anyone who has been nominated for more than two categories or had multiple knives in the same category should take a few minutes to check their threads out. I really don't want to misrepresent anyone or their knives. To error is human it takes a computer to really screw things up

The polls are up EVERYONE GET OVER THERE AND VOTE

I must apologize for not getting the polls set up sooner. They are up now so get your votes in. Good luck to all the Knifedogs

These polls are open guys. Let's get over there and vote. We have lots of members and you don't have to have anything entered to vote. You just have to be a member.

Vote here: http://knifedogs.com/forumdisplay.php?136-KnifeDogs-Choice-Awards

It would be fun too if people commented why they voted the way they did or what they liked about particular knives. This helps everyone learn and improve and that's the main goal of these types of things. The commenting is the most fun part of it for me.

I'll go over there and post some thoughts and comments in some of the categories about why I voted the way I did and hope others feel free to share too.

Didn't even know these were running! I just voted.
Thanks to everyone who put them together.

Thanks for bringing the thread up to the top. There have not been a lot of votes, so make your opinion known and vote guys.

Fixed blades under 10" has 30 votes and 790 views, come on guys if you can look you can vote. I'm sure the reason for the lack of votes is not lack of talent represented on these threads. Vote while you can

Back