Knives Stolen alert..

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
cut and paste from Blade Mag web site:

Approximately 150 custom knives valued at about a quarter of a million dollars were stolen recently from KnifePurveyor.com, according to KnifePurveyor.com.

This custom knife made by Josef Rusnak is one of about 150 that were stolen from KnifePurveyor.com. (SharpByCoop photo)Michael Donato, owner of KnifePurveyor.com, said the knives were stolen from his luggage at the Raleigh-Durham International (RDU) Airport that serves the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina.
He was returning from the East Coast Custom Knife Show held Feb. 28-March 2 in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Custom knives by some of the world’s best knifemakers were included in the luggage. For a complete list of them all, contact Donato at mdonato@knifepurveyor.com or call him at 646-872-0476.
According to Donato, his original flight after the show was cancelled. Meanwhile, as his luggage was stored at the airport, someone stole the pelican case containing the knives. He said the area where the knives were stolen had video surveillance and the authorities have footage of the theft and a picture of the suspect, which is being circulated.

If you have any information concerning the theft, contact Donato or Detective Charles Shelton at 919-840-7556 or 919-702-2556 (cell).“We have suffered a major blow,” Donato noted. “This theft occurred at RDU Airport when United Airlines left my transportation case of knives unattended at the baggage area.
The crook simply walked off with the entire case.“Several law enforcement agencies and the Collectible Insurance company are hot on the case. Due to the magnitude of this loss, my staff and I have our hands full with this investigation. Clients whose knives are involved in this loss have already been notified.

”Meanwhile, contrary to any rumors that may be circulating the knife industry, KnifePurveyor.com is not out of business as a result of the theft.“It is my honor and pleasure to be part of the custom knife community,” Donato continued. “I look forward to fulfilling your future knife needs and would like to thank you for your continued friendship, patronage and support.”

If anyone has any pictures of the stolen knives, please post them.

I will say that pictures will help. I had a friend saying that he knew w guy that was trying to get rid of some high end knives. I live just outside of Raleigh so I told him to get some pictures for me.

Thanks I will keep an eye out and let you know when I get pictures of what is being being sold.

I looked at the knives that were stolen. All high end, mostly folders. This thief needs to be caught. Its going to be really hard to sell them here in the USA. I hope our international friends will help out.

That is sickening to hear and see.
High end stuff like that is pretty easy to spot and I will now check this list if any high end blades walk in my store for resale.

That sucks! to think all your hard work in some low life's paws. As the old saying goes "Even a thief hates a thief."

Im happy to report that all but 3 knives have been recovered and returned to Mike. Thats great!
I'd sure like to know more details on the theft and if they were caught or just what happened.

Hope this finds you well. Thank you very much for the amazing emails and support.

The following is an update regarding the theft and apprehension of the crook:

The thief who stole my knives from RDU airport was arrested Monday, March 17th at RDU airport. Detective Shelton was waiting for him as his flight arrived from Indianopolis Indiana. The detective followed him down to the baggage claim area where he stole yet another piece of luggage!

He was promptly arrested and admitted guilt to the theft of my pelican case and the luggage he now had in hand. He had my pelican case back in his hotel room and the knives were retrieved by Detective Shelton.

I spend most of the day yesterday at the police station reviewing the knives and checking them in for inventory. The thief is in jail being held with a $100,000 bond.

The following 3 knives are still missing:

1) John W. Smith Quilted Mother of Pearl & Damascus Linerlock $2,300

2) John W. Smith Damascus with 24 Kt Gold Inlays Linerlock $2,250

3) Rockstead "SHIN" #74 with ZDP Blade Linerlock $1,740

My staff and I are working diligently to get everything in order and will be listing new knives on the site shortly.

Thank you and be well.

Sincerely,
Michael A. Donato
mdonato@knifepurveyor.com

{3}

{3}

{3}

Favorite

{3}

Back