Look who found y'all

Anthony Chaney

Several of you already know me. I'm Anthony Chaney and I'm from Central Texas. I have been a member of several knifemaking forums for many years. The first forum that I ever joined was Tim Lively's. Alittle while later, I joined CKD/Knifenetwork, Blade Forums, Don Fogg, British Blades. When Lively's site mysteriously disappeared, we rebuilt it and called it Primal Fires. If someone is chatting about knives and or guns, I'll pull up a chair. After graduating sleep school and going to work full time, I found less and less time to chat, but stilled popped in daily. Along about that same time, I had a couple of good friends that left. Roc passed away and I don't know what happened to Ken. I only knew Roc from the forums, but we both enjoyed talking about knives and did so at every opportunity. His passing caught me by surprize and really took a lot out of me. Ken Beatty was/is a very special person to me. He took me under his wing and taught me quite a bit. I used to stop by his house all the time, but once I started working two jobs and 12 hour nights, my knifemaking playtime came to a stop. I have tried to reach him by phone a few times, but I'm not sure why he stopped posting. I know his father passed away, his mother and wife were sick and he was a caregiver for both. I need to drop by his house because it's been a couple of years since I've seen him. He was very generous with his time, materials and equipment. He built me a small forge, gave me more files than I can count, hammer, wood, lots of various things a knifemaker needs. There's no way that I can ever thank him properly for all the time he spent with me. He never asked for anything in return. Thanks Ken, whereever you are.

Fast forward a couple of years and I now have a little time to continue my hobby. I hope to resume some old friendships with a few of you here. Boy, that what you call a long winded post!!!

Sounds kind of like my story Anthony, I'm just starting to get back into it after a few years away.

Welcome to Knife Dogs we're gald to have you.

Larry

Back