My first slip joint

rcknives

Just finished up on my very first slip joint folder. I have been working on this project for a very long time. Lots of reading tutorials and looking at different knives that have been completed. It took me several attempts before I could finally complete one. This was a self taught project so trial and error played a very big role but lessons well learned. Cant wait to get back in the shop and try some more. The pics are a bit raw but I think you get the point. Let me know what you guys think and any tips you may have. The blade and spring are both made from O-1 with stainless 410 liners,416 s.s. bolsters and dyed jigged bone for handles.

P1014580.jpgP1014578.jpgP1014583.jpgP1014585.jpgP1014586.jpgP1014589.jpgP1014592.jpgP1014595.jpg

God Bless,
Robert Cabrera

Robert,
First rate great design and execution! These are addictive, but the feeling accomplishment is worth the time spent.
Jay

Very good for a first slipjoint. They are not as simple as they seem,are they? That's one reason I love to make them,cause there hard!

I appreciate the kind words coming from experienced knife makers. As always any feedback good or bad is always appreciated.

All tucked in. Just finished the sheath for this little bad boy. Couldn't decide on what kind of sheath so I went with a traditional sheath which is used by many South Texas Ranchers made popular by Moore Maker Knives.

P1014738.jpg

That is a sharp looking sheath! I like the whole "cowboy" aspect of it. I've made a few holsters in that style but never thought about it for a folder pouch...but why not. Good job Robert.

I love the handle, the color is rich and warm and the jigging looks really natural too. These are my favorite kind of knives.

rob what a great looking slip joint. i love the handle color you chose it really sets off your blade. and the fileing you done on the inside of it looks awesome.
-young pup

Back