My new 9" disc sander

Jeff Pearce

KNIFE MAKER
I added a 9" disc to to drive shaft of my grinder.So it has three speeds. It works great .
06_003935_x_702.jpg

Jeff, do you have any info on what kind of disc you have and how you mounted it? I've really been wanting a disk recently, but I can't afford a full stand-alone unit at the moment.

I recently saw the Coote disc attachment, and I wondered if it would install onto my KMG wheel and work as it does on the Coote machine.

Thanks!

Jeff, do you have any info on what kind of disc you have and how you mounted it? I've really been wanting a disk recently, but I can't afford a full stand-alone unit at the moment.

I recently saw the Coote disc attachment, and I wondered if it would install onto my KMG wheel and work as it does on the Coote machine.

Thanks!

The disc I installed fits a 5/8' shaft. Since i made my grinder I left enough drive shaft that i could bolt the disk to it. it just use's a set screw. The disc was giving to me so i have no info on that.

Now that's cool. I was looking at the grinder I just finished and wondered what to do with the shaft sticking out so far. Thanks Jeff for the idea.

Larry

Back