My new Claude Scott sheath

Hey Claude.
Nice leather work man. Really like that slipjoint sheath.
Watch out for the barge cement, makes me want to chase hounds. RS

Hey Claude.
Nice leather work man. Really like that slipjoint sheath.
Watch out for the barge cement, makes me want to chase hounds. RS

Thanks roughcountry.Let me know when you are around some barge maybe i can go with you. I used to chase the hounds a lot a few years ago

Your wish has come true. Dave Kelly on Shenandoah in LA.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks, I called Dave and he came by my shop with some leather and knives of his about a month ago.
he is having some problems and can barely use one of his hands, He's work is still world class!

The knives and sheaths were beautiful! Yet he would only focus on the little imperfections, most of which I couldn't see. I told him that he was still in the top and I would love to have him make some sheaths for me.

We left it that he would get back to me when feeling a bit better.
He could use some cheering up if you feel like giving him a call I know he would appreciate hearing from another Leather man..

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Heres the last one. I love Claudes basket weave stamping.

"The Mayhem Folder"
Barrysfolderandfileguides001.jpg

Heres some shots of Claude making a pig skin cover for one of my fiberglass dagger sheaths. Also the round knife I made him plus the latest bowie sheath.

ClaudeandDougsbowie001.jpg

ClaudeandDougsbowie002.jpg

ClaudeandDougsbowie004.jpg

ClaudeandDougsbowie005.jpg

ClaudeandDougsbowie006.jpg

ClaudeandDougsbowie007.jpg

ClaudeandDougsbowie009.jpg

ClaudeandDougsbowie010.jpg

ClaudeandDougsbowie013.jpg

ClaudeandDougsbowie015.jpg

Bruce, what steel did you use in the round knife?......and if you recall what is the thickness of the steel, not at the edge but in the body of the knife. I prefer about .042. Great looking round knife!

Paul

Bruce, what steel did you use in the round knife?......and if you recall what is the thickness of the steel, not at the edge but in the body of the knife. I prefer about .042. Great looking round knife!

Paul
Hi Paul,
It measures .125" if I recall correctly. I know they need to be thin but couldn't find Elmax that thin and wide enough for a round knife. It does taper right away down to nearly zero. Claude says it works good.

This is one of my favorite C Scott sheaths so far. The tooling is so deep and crisp it's unbelievable. This blade shape is a challenge to sheath but Claude's fit is second to none.

Back