Need help naming a new damascus pattern.. This could be fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Hello guys, This is my dilemma.. Randy Jr. keeps making me new and awesome patterns to use.. Some we love, and others are awesome, but not ones we want to continue to make or offer for sale to you guys as billets. This is one of the ones we LOVE!!!! We plan to add to our lineup.. and continue to make this pattern.. I originally said "Fireball". Randy Jr. said "Pillar of fire." Now were asking you guys.. What do ya think? Do you like the pattern? Any suggestions for a pattern name?

After we get a few suggestions, Randy Jr and I will pick our favorites and add a pole to this post, Then you can vote for your favorite name. After everyone has a chance to vote.. the name with the most votes will become the NEW name for this pattern.. And whoever name we use will get a FREE billet of the NEW pattern to try out!

Lets get started.. Heres the pattern.. Please post any suggestions in this thread. :)

Thanks for looking and God Bless!!

HHHDamacusSteel012.jpg
HHHDamacusSteel020.jpg

Less of a name and more of an observation... the larger pattern looks like turned candle sticks, and the more compact looks like ribbon. Very nice pattern, and I typically tend to HATE Damascus.

Actually, it also looks like lava. How about Lava Damascus?

Hand_turned_candlestick_by_Decodrew.jpg

Attachments

• Hand_turned_candlestick_by_Decodrew.jpg
    Hand_turned_candlestick_by_Decodrew.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I like the pattern. To me it looks like a series of wildly designed columns, so for my suggestion: "Corinthian Columns" A little different, but a name that would stand out I think.

For some reason, the first thing I thought of when I looked at that pattern (The top half anyway) were the Moia statues on Easter Island:

Design-Toscano-Easter-Island-Ahu-Akivi-Moai-Monolith-Statue-in-Stone.jpg

Moia Damascus? hahaha

For one or another reason reminds me a two faced Hawaiian tiki carving .

Ok, so what I see are arches and wings, and the most powerful symbol of that I can think of is "Archangel." Would be an awesome witness "tool" as well when describing the pattern. Anyway, good luck to all and blessings...

Keith

The first thing that came to mind when I looked at the first photo was "fingerprint". If you look closely, it reminds me of a "Arch" or "Tented Arch" fingerprint pattern.

T_arch1.jpg

Sinusoidal

New pattern name: Sinusoidal

Hello guys, This is my dilemma.. Randy Jr. keeps making me new and awesome patterns to use.. Some we love, and others are awesome, but not ones we want to continue to make or offer for sale to you guys as billets. This is one of the ones we LOVE!!!! We plan to add to our lineup.. and continue to make this pattern.. I originally said "Fireball". Randy Jr. said "Pillar of fire." Now were asking you guys.. What do ya think? Do you like the pattern? Any suggestions for a pattern name?

After we get a few suggestions, Randy Jr and I will pick our favorites and add a pole to this post, Then you can vote for your favorite name. After everyone has a chance to vote.. the name with the most votes will become the NEW name for this pattern.. And whoever name we use will get a FREE billet of the NEW pattern to try out!

Lets get started.. Heres the pattern.. Please post any suggestions in this thread. :)

Thanks for looking and God Bless!!

HHHDamacusSteel012.jpg
HHHDamacusSteel020.jpg

Magnetism... I see iron filings dancing on a bar magnet... (or the grinder dust all over my work bench! )

The pattern reminds me of African Art....thus I think AFRICAN DREAM would be a suitable name.

hello guys, this is my dilemma.. Randy jr. Keeps making me new and awesome patterns to use.. Some we love, and others are awesome, but not ones we want to continue to make or offer for sale to you guys as billets. This is one of the ones we love!!!! We plan to add to our lineup.. And continue to make this pattern.. I originally said "fireball". Randy jr. Said "pillar of fire." now were asking you guys.. What do ya think? Do you like the pattern? Any suggestions for a pattern name?

After we get a few suggestions, randy jr and i will pick our favorites and add a pole to this post, then you can vote for your favorite name. After everyone has a chance to vote.. The name with the most votes will become the new name for this pattern.. And whoever name we use will get a free billet of the new pattern to try out!

thanks for looking and god bless!!

hhhdamacussteel012.jpg
hhhdamacussteel020.jpg

rebound ,or shockwave

Ales, We already have a Shockwave pattern. So if you want to you can submit another name.. :)

Some good names so far. Keep em coming! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back