New Hawk

Wade Hougham

This hawk fought me every step of the way but I am happy to say it is finished.

The total length is 20 1/2" with a forged leaf spring head that is 9 1/4". The rosewood haft has brass cone tacks with rawhide, a hemp thong and a wrought end cap. The sewing that you see goes all of the way through the haft. Thanks to KT for his most valuable advice during the creation of the hawk.

Please feel free to comment and thanks for taking the time to view.

Attachments

• Swamp Hawk 029.jpg
    Swamp Hawk 029.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Swamp Hawk 027.jpg
    Swamp Hawk 027.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Wade glad I could give my 2 cents worth. It turned out absolutely beautiful. One of the nicest pieces to date. The head is outstanding. It sure does flow together . Its so nice it even makes my old sheath look good. I know its not sold so who ever buys it will be a PROUD owner of a great piece .:KT :biggrin:

Last edited:
Randy, Thanks for the great comment, means alot.:yes:

KT, Always my pleasure getting your "2 cents worth". Thank you for your words of wisdom and most of all your patients.

Wade

The sewing that you see goes all of the way through the haft
Now I have stitched threw some hard stuff, but that takes the prize!!
Nice job all the way around...Nice sticker and sheath also....

Randy when I told Wade to try it he wondered what I was smoking but when I showed him one I had sewed all the way through the wood he went for it and did a beautiful job. KT

Randy, All joking aside, I broke 8 :censored: needles while doing the stitching. Thanks for the comment.

rmbonham, Happy that you like it, thanks.

Wade

Back