New Off the Bench

BrandantR

Here's my latest knife to come out of my shop. I call the design "Pride" and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. I did a full WIP on my blog and also here on the forum if you're interested in seeing how it was made. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it could be improved. Thanks for taking a look.

DSC_0046.JPGDSC_0047.JPGDSC_0048.JPGDSC_0049.jpg

Sorry, forgot to include the specs:

Knife Specs
Knife Design: Pride
Open Length: 7"
Blade Length: 2-7/8"
Blade: CPM154
Liners: Titanium
Spacer: 416ss
Scales: Carved and textured 416ss
Embellishments: Hand-rubbed satin finish on blade and handle. Carved and textured handle scales.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch, folks, for the nice words. It's definitely different from my usual knives in several ways, but it was a really fun build. Glad you guys like it.

I too think it's a great looking folder !!! I have a suggestion that I hope may make the stippling easier to do and more even. Cut the basic outlines with a rotary tool and as very small round bit - say 3/64 - . This will give you a pretty rough line and then clean the cut curved lines with small jewellers file. I most often use a round one. The size of the groove you make is as you wish.I use this method on other materials as well as metals.
To see some of my work that will show the results go to CustomKnifeGalleryofColorado and scroll down on the left hand side.
Frank

Thanks again, guys. I really appreciate the compliments. And thanks, Frank, for your suggestion. That sounds like a great way to do things.

Thanks, Ed. Tim Herman and Wolfgang Loerchner's work were both the inspiration for this knife. I just love how they can turn a simple steel scale into a work of art. I hope to be as good as they when I grow up. Thanks for your comment.

Back