Our screen names

My name came from being lazy!! I wanted to get on the forum and start posting!! I had used this name on other forums and own a 2007 Harley Davidson Road Glide. And there ya go Gliden07.

Because some employers or potential employers are misguided, there is a legitimate reason to use a handle instead of a full name on some forums. HR departments everywhere love having the ability to search social media for dirt when they need it or want it. I've seen it multiple times in my past employment. Every single HR person I have met has talked about doing searches on employees and forming opinions on their suitability for employment.

If you are making knives to sell, and it can't negatively impact your employment, I would strongly suggest using your full, real name. Not every employer would have an issue with knife making but certainly some would.

I am self employed now so I don't have to worry about that.
I use the handle bossdog here because there can be only one.:p

I am Tracy Mickley and I support this thread.
t

Because some employers or potential employers are misguided, there is a legitimate reason to use a handle instead of a full name on some forums. HR departments everywhere love having the ability to search social media for dirt when they need it or want it. I've seen it multiple times in my past employment. Every single HR person I have met has talked about doing searches on employees and forming opinions on their suitability for employment.

If you are making knives to sell, and it can't negatively impact your employment, I would strongly suggest using your full, real name. Not every employer would have an issue with knife making but certainly some would.

I am self employed now so I don't have to worry about that.
I use the handle bossdog here because there can be only one.:p

I am Tracy Mickley and I support this thread.
t
Do not ever post anything ever on social media that can have negative impact in the future. Once it's out there you can't take it back.

I started out here as Smallshop...which i still am. After reading some of Ed's advice I added my name.(...and put it on my knives also) like Tracy M...I'm self employed...So not too worried about potential employers...but I do want folks to be able to find me in my knife journey.

I don't have anything to hide, and with a ham call anyone can find exactly where you are anyway. I've always used my name Ken Holland, shortened to KenH> for forums. Screen names are like vanity tags, amazing what folks can come up with.

Mine is easy. I ride a hd 2003 softail springer and spent my service time in the 82nd. Some of you know my name because you helped me design my makers mark. Thanks by the way!

soundmind is a combination of some concepts I strive for from Titus 2:6-8. ( I sat here and tried to explain it in my own words but I'll just type it out): "Young men likewise exhort to be soberminded. In all things showing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine showing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, sound speech that cannot be condemned..." I'm not that young anymore, but still. That was written to a pastor and I am one, too. I love the Bible and have put my life into learning it and trying to live it

I prefer Luke. I don't trust other people who may be gathering info from the web - that's why no last name and BD. But when I'm consistently making knives I might change my screen name to my real name. oh yeah I have a shop joke.

Back