Prayers for my wife as she battles cancer

Thank you everyone for the prayers and good thoughts. The real battle starts Monday. She finished the last dry run today!

She will do radiation everyday of the week. That takes about 10 minutes when they get her on the table. Then chemo, that can take up to 4-6 hrs. depending on if they need to pull labs, once a week.

So Monday we start with both and then just radiation the rest of the week! It is about a 30-45 minute drive to the next town to the Cancer Clinic, so all and all it makes for a long day, by the time we get home and take care of the animals, and get a meal together!

Please continue to pray for her. Our faith is the only thing holding us up at the moment! She is brave but I can tell she is scared too!

My wife has completed her first full week of radiation everyday and a chemo treatment each week! I have been exposed to cancer pretty much all my life! I have lost friends, family, relative's and loved ones!

But it is somehow different when they tell your spouse, they have cancer! It seems the whole world stops for a minute and when it finally sinks in! You suddenly realize that you had no idea of what really is important to you in life. Nothing you have worked to achieve in your life ever meant a damn thing. The only thing important is that you are about to battle a monster and you have to fight too win!

You don't know how much your prayers and thoughts help each time I come here to look at this thread. Please continue to pass on the good thoughts and prayers for my wife. She is grateful as well as am I, thank you everyone!!

Hang in there my Friend - and remember, Baldwin county is just across the bay from Mobile if I can ever be of any help. You know where the house is, so come on over anytime. For help, or just to unwind and relax.

Appreciate that Ken! As well as from the rest of you guys! This being the weekend she don't have treatment on the weekend, gives her time to rest. Gives me too much time for my mind to work!

Haven't updated on Kathy in a while. Tomorrow is the 4th, so she will have the day off. Friday will finish the 3rd week of cancer treatment! Radiation everyday and chemo once a week. After radiation Friday, she will hit her 1/2 way point. If everything stays to plan she will finish in 3 weeks starting Monday!!

The chemo took its toll this week and she has been nauseas and as well as being sick!! The radiation is beginning to cause troubles as well. She is having trouble swallowing and is having heartburn. All normal for cancer patients in treatment! However being normal doesn't mean it is easy to take. The side effects are rough!

She has been a real trooper. But I can tell this week has been rough on her.
Please continue to send well wishes and prayers. As she really enjoys hearing them when I get on here and read them to her!!
Cliff

Thank you for update Cliff - I'd been wondering how things where going. My Prayer's to you and your wife. Hang in there my Friend.
Ken H>

Back