Prayers for my wife as she battles cancer

Sitting here going down the up staircase. Seems like we make four steps forward and two back! Unresponsive at 2 am this morning!

Not sure what is going on. A scan of her head during the night showed nothing significant. There may be a possibility of some brain damage due to the infection raging thru her system, and shutting everything down. So we have got to look into this possibility today. Please pray for her!’

Hello Cliff - my Prayers to you and your family. I know it's hard but please do keep us updated on your wife's situation.

Well probably just broke every rule in the hospital. The transporter came to get the wife for X-ray. I told her she had not been out of the bed in a week and half. So didn’t know if she could get in that chair by herself and pardon me you can’t catch her if she goes down.

As Paul Harvey use to say, now for the rest of the story. She started coming back to herself about 5::00 AM. Started begging me to get her out of the bed. You will know how bad a hospital bed hurts someone with back pain. So seizing the moment. I got her out of the bed, in the chair, out of the chair, onto X-ray table, off the table, back onto the transport chair, and finally onto the bed again.

I told her she better love me!! So she got out of the bed and I got to see exactly how strong her legs really are. Let’s put it this way the little transport girl would have let her fall. There is no doubts in my mind. Now I have got to find my pain meds for my back. But my baby got out of bed for a bit!!

Guys just taking a quick look at the forum this morning, then headed back to the hospital! Yesterday was two weeks but we have made leaps and bounds. From here it may be all baby steps but, I will take those as well!

Sepsis, can and does devastate and in some case kill. It almost took my wife several times, before they got ahead of it and the antibiotics were able to stop the advancement of Sepsis! There is a long road to recovery and now it is up to my wife to fight the remainder of the battle!! PT will help but it is her strong will is what will be required. It is hard to put forth that kind of effort, especially when every inch of your body hurts!!

Please pray for her to find that strength within herself and her faith!!

Well the doctor committed the ultimate sin in Miss Kathy's eyes today!!

You never tell Kathy she is ready to be released unless it is less than two hours from happening!! Come to find out he tells all of his patients the they will be going home for encouragement. NOT a good practice!!

I get a phone call this morning saying the doctor said if her white count stayed up that she would be going home tomorrow! When I was less than enthusiastic, I could tell she was upset!!

What she doesn't understand is we have to have her set up with home health care, to draw blood and constantly monitor her white count. They need to do PT and Occupational therapy! I can't set that up to have in place but the hospital can.

As well she has to be setup for a chair time for dialyses. Luckily there is a facility right up the road from us!!
As well all her medications have changed and those that they have kept are at all new dosages. I will have to have all that in place before I can bring her home. So they are going to have to send her home with medication enough till I can get appointments set-up with her doctors. Getting appointments with all her doctors are going to be a night mare alone!!

Not to mention that they have not had her walking outside of the room. The PT girl was in this morning to work with her. I told her I am thru waiting for them get off their butts. I was going to walk her up the hallway today. And if they didn't like it they could take it up with me!!! She is strong enough to get started and waiting till they can use up the insurance is not on my agenda! The PT came back with a belt to put around her. She says now I didn't say you could do this. I told her not to sweat it cause I don't even know where the belt came from. Err...… I found it in the room!! Kathy walked the full length of her hallway before I reminded her she needed to keep enough strength to make it back to the room!!

I was told today that it wasn't even time for the report to the insurance company till next Friday. So am I am NOT stupid, that tells me all I needed to know.

In other words we are not going to choke the Golden Goose to early. YOU WILL IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!! I will be damned if you are going to have her warehoused any longer than necessary to get her well again!!
They had two die on her wing last night and she was very upset about that when I got there this morning!!

So it will be next week before we can get her out of the hospital and she was none to happy with me but,...…….. She is now understanding what it is going to take to get her home!!!

Please continue to pray as this recovery means getting to a place as too where she can leave the hospital and then get home to finish recovering!!!

Well the doctor committed the ultimate sin in Miss Kathy's eyes today!!

You never tell Kathy she is ready to be released unless it is less than two hours from happening!! Come to find out he tells all of his patients the they will be going home for encouragement. NOT a good practice!!

I get a phone call this morning saying the doctor said if her white count stayed up that she would be going home tomorrow! When I was less than enthusiastic, I could tell she was upset!!

What she doesn't understand is we have to have her set up with home health care, to draw blood and constantly monitor her white count. They need to do PT and Occupational therapy! I can't set that up to have in place but the hospital can.

As well she has to be setup for a chair time for dialyses. Luckily there is a facility right up the road from us!!
As well all her medications have changed and those that they have kept are at all new dosages. I will have to have all that in place before I can bring her home. So they are going to have to send her home with medication enough till I can get appointments set-up with her doctors. Getting appointments with all her doctors are going to be a night mare alone!!

Not to mention that they have not had her walking outside of the room. The PT girl was in this morning to work with her. I told her I am thru waiting for them get off their butts. I was going to walk her up the hallway today. And if they didn't like it they could take it up with me!!! She is strong enough to get started and waiting till they can use up the insurance is not on my agenda! The PT came back with a belt to put around her. She says now I didn't say you could do this. I told her not to sweat it cause I don't even know where the belt came from. Err...… I found it in the room!! Kathy walked the full length of her hallway before I reminded her she needed to keep enough strength to make it back to the room!!

I was told today that it wasn't even time for the report to the insurance company till next Friday. So am I am NOT stupid, that tells me all I needed to know.

In other words we are not going to choke the Golden Goose to early. YOU WILL IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!! I will be damned if you are going to have her warehoused any longer than necessary to get her well again!!
They had two die on her wing last night and she was very upset about that when I got there this morning!!

So it will be next week before we can get her out of the hospital and she was none to happy with me but,...…….. She is now understanding what it is going to take to get her home!!!

Please continue to pray as this recovery means getting to a place as too where she can leave the hospital and then get home to finish recovering!!!
Cliff, glad to hear that both of you are motivated to get her home. However you both might be in for a bit of a shock as to how soon she will actually be able to go home. When my wife was in long term care, they kept saying she could come home in a week or two. That stretched out for a much longer period than just a couple weeks.

You will need to push both the facility that she is in, and the insurance carrier to get her home as soon as you can, but no sooner than she needs to be either. It is a bit of a balancing act.

I didn't truly understand how much both could drag their feet, so my wife ended being in long term care much longer than she really needed to be. In addition I was dealing with getting her on Medicare which complicated things even more.

Hang in there and prayers continue.

Back