Prayers for my wife as she battles cancer

Were back in chemo again. Dr decided to do two more rounds of chemo with the radiation. The last PET scan showed the tumors shrunk.

So please keep up the good thoughts and prayers!!

So

I haven’t been able to find the words Cliff. I am sorry that this is something you and Mrs, C. Have to endure. Stay strong. I don’t know what I am talking about but I suspect she will need you to be her rock. If you need someone to vent, cuss, yell at you’re more than welcome to
Calle me. (509)301-1774. Godspeed to you both

We are running the up/down staircase again. Cancer has this way, when ever you think things are going smoothly..... there not. They had decided to do two more rounds of chemo. However after the first round of chemo. Kathy esophagus became so effected by the radiation to the bronchial tube area they are radiating. She became unable to swallow without problems. So they are holding off on the second round of chemo. They are doing IV fluids in an attempt to keep her from having problems like what put her in the hospital last time. So once again up the down staircase. They said that the problems swallowing may get better when she does her last radiation treatment Friday. Then turn around and come back a couple weeks out from the last treatment.

Please continue to pray for my wife!!! Prayers have kept us going!

Lord...Please heal Kathy. Help her to rest and let her drink properly. Please give her and Cliff hope and faith and do not let them become discouraged. Please remind us to be praying steadily for them. Give the Docs wisdom and motivation to really be excellent in their treatment of Kathy. Thank you for the love Cliff has for his wife...in such dire circumstances it is uplifting to see a man committed to caring for his bride. I ask that you will use this for your glory as you minister to their entire family. Thank you Jesus...amen.

Thank all of you! It is good to know there are such good people in the world anymore.

Somedays humanity seems lost. I bought me a shirt the other day. It says, I used to be a people person,...….. then people messed it up!!

It is good folks who make me still know, not all have gone over the edge!!

Prayers for your wife's complete healing. Cancer sucks and it's terribly frightening to receive that diagnosis. I have had it 4x (colon cancer, prostate, thyroid and cancer under tongue) but have been very fortunate. Never had to have chemo except for a thimble full of radioactive iodine to kill any remnants of the thyroid. Had 36 radiation treatments for the prostate cancer after the gland was removed. All the rest was surgically removed. My point in giving you some of my history is to impress on you and your wife that there is great hope now with a cancer diagnosis. It sounds like you have a great oncologist and his single goal is to beat your wife's cancer and extend her life. I will keep both of you in my prayers. Good luck.

Hopefully your wife and you are still making progress in your efforts to be healed. I think about you every time I log on to this forum. I aways check this to see if there is any new information. Prayers.

I haven't made an update in a while. We were kind of enjoying the off time after Kathy finished her chemo and radiation. She started her first treatment of immune therapy. If your interested here is some reading on it! https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/immunotherapy

Her doctor described it this way. Chemo is designed to go after anything that is fast moving, such as cancer cells. They are constantly trying to move to another area in a quest for blood to feed the rapidly growing cancer cells.

Where as the immune therapy specifically targets the immune system and the bodies own ability to fight foreign bodies such as the cancer cells! So immune therapy is specifically designed to hunt the cancer cells down and destroy them. That is a very dumbed down explanation but it lets you know what the idea is about!!

He was then first oncologist in our area to use immune therapy after chemo and he has had real good results. Immune therapy does not work on all types of cancer. We have a friend who also has lung cancer and his doctor had not made a recommendation for immune therapy. My wife's oncologist said that could be because of the type of lung cancer he has or could be that he doesn't know a lot about it. It is fairly new but the wins Vs the losses when it is used has been of a very high ratio of wins. Also it has less side effects than regular chemo!!

The second day after her first treatment seemed to hit her like and oncoming cold or such. The next day she was really worn down but it has now turned around as the bodies immune system kicks in to fight it!

Everyone, we do appreciate the prayers and good wishes. Had it not been for our faith, we would not have made it. There have been days when she would make two steps forward and three back. I get on here and show her the posts from y'all and it seems to lift her up that there are so many folks pulling for her some she doesn't even know! God does indeed move in mysterious ways!

Back