Prayers for my wife as she battles cancer

Cliff, I'm so sorry to hear the news, BUT, I do strongly applaud you and your wife's acceptance and believe me from my past experiences do totally understand your statement of:
Now to some the wave of relief comment seems highly odd I am sure!
For so many years I felt folks should take care of themself and family without help from gov'ment. Now due to the astronomical costs associated with medical expenses I've slowly changed my view. I look at many other industrialized countries around the world and see medical isn't one the things that can cost folks their home, and they tend to have better health than we do. Medical expenses are by far the leading cause of bankruptcy in the USA, and that should not be.
Which ever of us passes first, the other will not be able to keep the house. So they will be left pretty much with very little! If I am left, I will loose the house and shop!
That is so sad - have you considered the idea of bankruptcy to protect the home?

I grind my teeth when I hear about people loosing their home due to medical bills and I have to bite back my reply when I hear that it would be too expensive to do universal health care in this country.

I'm really sorry to read that it has come to this with you and your wife. May God give you the grace that you need in the time ahead.

Doug

I could not think of a sentiment any better than Doug Lester. So I will join him.

“May God give you the grace that you need in the time ahead.”

I'm with Doug, too and Ken. Bill had a lot of good things to say, too. I will keep you in prayer. In the days ahead, feel free to contact me through the forum and I would be glad to just give you my direct e-mail.
I always feel a little jealous when a saint goes home before me. But if we're left around it's for a reason - some work for Him of some sort that'll glorify Him some way. I'll be praying for your wife and you during this time. May God continue to bring more Christians in to your lives.
Luke

Cliff, I'm so sorry to hear the news, BUT, I do strongly applaud you and your wife's acceptance and believe me from my past experiences do totally understand your statement of:

For so many years I felt folks should take care of themself and family without help from gov'ment. Now due to the astronomical costs associated with medical expenses I've slowly changed my view. I look at many other industrialized countries around the world and see medical isn't one the things that can cost folks their home, and they tend to have better health than we do. Medical expenses are by far the leading cause of bankruptcy in the USA, and that should not be.

That is so sad - have you considered the idea of bankruptcy to protect the home?

You see we declared bankruptcy two years ago, this was from the medical bills incurred with the 12 years of TM my wife had. We did not include the house. We thought we were good and in time we could overcome the bankruptcy!!

Then came the cancer diagnosis, and more medical bills!

Then the homeowners insurance company said we had to have a new roof, almost $10,000. Then they cancelled me the next year because I made a claim on a busted water pipe under the slab. I got new insurance from another company, for this year and once again I thought we could overcome all this. Then a month ago, they cancelled me because. They did not like the name on my breaker box. I told him we had lived her for 24 years now never had a problem. The box meant southern building code as well as local code. I told them I was not about to hire an electrician to unwire a perfectly good breaker box, buy a new one and rewire and all new breakers. I told them fires in breaker boxes are caused by someone putting in a breaker that has too high of amperage to kick the breaker. Or by putting a breaker in the box that is not designed to work in that specific box! You can got to hell!

So I am now trying to find another company before this homeowners goes out in a month. To top it all off I get a letter that they the insurance company that is dropping me has ran my credit as guide for how much your insurance costs. The bankruptcy I mentioned, as well as the medical debt I am carrying and has not been paid off in full. All this has brought down my score and it will now go on my finical record and, oh by the way, "we are going to raise the cost of your insurance" for this last month before we drop you!! Now no matter who I get I am going to have to contend with that! When they let the damn insurance companies make their own rules,............ well that is kind of like putting the fox in charge of the hen house. And the fox is paying the sheriff (Congress) to look the other way!!

Somedays it don't pay to get out of bed! All of you take care and I wish the best to all!

Last edited:
Damn Cliff, I'm at a loss for words after reading all this. some people have a hard time expressing emotions in writing, I'm one of them. all I can say is I follow everyone else's responses here and pray for your wife and you.
I will add that anytime I'm facing bad things I figure it's god testing me again to see how I handle it.

Hang in there brother.

Cliff, I'm so sorry to hear all this. I've known things were bad for you, but didn't realize just how bad. I wish there was a "magic wand" I could wave to make things right for you and your family.

Hang in there my Friend.

Back