Raw Hide sheath WIP

Very beautiful sheath with the most intricate and amazing stitching I have ever seen,
Thanks for the picts.2thumbs2thumbs2thumbs

Your stitching is the best ive ever seen . You have had some wonderful teachers, the raw hide is very hard and almost impossible to work with. Love to see a better tutorial. kellyw

Wow...wow
a few questions if you don't mind?
1) is the rawhide lined & if so with what?
2) what is the " end cap" made from & how is it attached?
3) what finish was used?
4) what is this style of sheath called? I have one like it that came with a knife made fir me by Manuel Quiroga, is it a traditional Argentinean sheath?
Thank you, that's one of the best sheaths I have ever seen.

The best rawhide work I've ever seen. The sheath is so very cool but the handle is even more with the patern changing so many times.
Most braiders can't even make string that small let alone use it.

So very cool, sure makes everyone want to do better. I love the simplicity of your tools and the unbelieveable finished work.
Thank you. RS

Wow...wow
a few questions if you don't mind?
1) is the rawhide lined & if so with what?
2) what is the " end cap" made from & how is it attached?
3) what finish was used?
4) what is this style of sheath called? I have one like it that came with a knife made fir me by Manuel Quiroga, is it a traditional Argentinean sheath?
Thank you, that's one of the best sheaths I have ever seen.

1)Just Only the ear (the last part behind the button). It’s lined with cow rawhide

2)If you mean the final button of the sheath, it’s also braided with tientos (the same as the handle)

3)Just a little of glycerine soap

4)It’s called “criolla” sheath. Manuel is a good friend of mine. Yes, it’s a tradicional sheath.

That's the best stitching I have ever seen! I can't even imagine how full of pain and agony my eyes would be after trying to focus on thread that small. Wow.

Where can I get a hole punch like that?

I agree , absolutely amazing.

Side note, I have been reading everything at this sight for about a week now. I am overwhelmingly inspired by not only the great knives , but the people here are awesome! I have yet to see anything but a nice, helpful, encouraging post, you guys and gals kick some ass!

Back