Refugee from KF

T

The BoardSMITH

With all the crap going on at KF, I decided my attention and support would be better served somewhere else. So here I am.

I am a self-employed maker of end grain cutting boards and have been doing this professionally for almost 6 years now. This started when my last employer decided to retire me and many others early leaving me without a job at 57.

Fast forward to 2011, I have sold my boards to every state in the USA except for 1, every Canadian province and 23 foreign countries. Not to shabby for a one man operation.

Dave Martell was the reason I joined KF and I quickly became friends with many others there, Butch Harner being one. (I have one of Butches neck knives proudly displayed here.) I'm not an expert on knives but am still in the process of learning and expanding my interests. I look forward to reading and learning here.

Welcome to the pack David. Hope you have a great time and experience here with us.

Welcome to KD and great looking website too! I am drooling over that 24x36 Black Walnut... :D

Thanks for the invitation Bruce. Over at KF I was prohibited from posting photos, called passive marketing. (Hope I did this correctly.)

The island is a 3 x 22 x 42 cherry and walnut top with a solid cherry base. The front drawer has full extension glides and there is a debris pan on the right side that slides in and out on its own set of rails.

The second is the "Family Portrait" from 2009. I really need to update it. This shows the major sizes that I make and the woods that I use.

Last but not least is the Harner neck knife I have displayed in my office. Butch is a good friend and I like his work and the knife is superb.

My shop is located in Thomasville, NC in a section of the Thomasville Furniture Ind. plant that closed in 2005. It is kind of fitting that I would end up there. With 4500 sq ft, I only use 2500 and have more than enough room, for now.

Attachments

• Family F .jpg
    Family F .jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0099.jpg
    DSC_0099.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0096.jpg
    DSC_0096.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 23
Welcome, I used to be a custom cabinet maker, many moons ago. Good to have another wood man here. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Jim

David, its good to see you here. There are a bunch of us KF defectors here on KD. Out of all of the forums that I've visted, this is the only one of its kind... the folks here are top notch and this includes Mods and Owner! Stick around and you'll love it here.

Welcome to the Dog pack.
Yes! Please post some pics of your boards. I own a small retail Cutlery store and am interest in your products for my store.
I also gave up on BF a few years back.. It got a bit to heavy over there for me..

Cheers!

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening.com/

Welcome to the site! That is some beautiful work you have there. I think someone else already mentioned it but that walnut board really caught my eye.

Back