Shop Pictures

There's no way you can get anything done in a shop like that Mike.
It looks like a tool museum, get a nice mess going and stumble around like the rest of us.:9:

Your organizational skills definately show in your work. The pics will give me a better reference now when we chat.

Rudy

Museum, LOL ! What can I say. Mom made me clean up after myself growin up as a kid.. If i didnt put my clothes away or if I left my clothes on my bed , my mother would throw them out the window.. No joke !

Mikey D,
Very nice shop!
I can't/won't take any photos of mine, it's not clean as yours.
Where did you find that sandpaper rack? I have wanted something like that for years.
Fred

Mikey D,
Very nice shop!
I can't/won't take any photos of mine, it's not clean as yours.
Where did you find that sandpaper rack? I have wanted something like that for years.
Fred

Grizzly has them for about 35 bucks. Greatest thing ever!

Hi Mikey,
Any chance of a couple of pics of that TW-90 in action?
I would love to see them.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Ill have one of the kids take a few pics on the next blade I grind.. I ve been working on this Damascus blade with the ivory grips I've been telling you about.. I wanted to get some more free hand practice in before I started to grind on this thing , but I couldn't resist. Had to dive in , now I'm finding myself trying to correct some DM's.
I get some shots on the next blade.

Ill have one of the kids take a few pics on the next blade I grind.. I ve been working on this Damascus blade with the ivory grips I've been telling you about.. I wanted to get some more free hand practice in before I started to grind on this thing , but I couldn't resist. Had to dive in , now I'm finding myself trying to correct some DM's.
I get some shots on the next blade.

Mikey,
Slow down your machine and start with a fresh belt, especially when you are working on DM's! The few dollars of using a couple of more belts is nothing compared to the cost of the Damascus!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Mikey,
Slow down your machine and start with a fresh belt, especially when you are working on DM's! The few dollars of using a couple of more belts is nothing compared to the cost of the Damascus!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I had the knife done. I put it in the toaster for its first temper cycle.. The following day I was leaving the shop and my wife called me on the phone . Being that I had her on the phone , I asked her to put that blade in the toaster for another cycle.. I asked her to turn on the toaster and wait till it seeks it happy temp at 375 . Then put the blade in for 45 min.

I thought I was doing the right thing and getting a jump on the next cycle.. She's see me do this cycle a 100 times .. I thought WRONG. When I came home , the toaster over door was open and the blade was sitting on its spine , edge up right against the glass of the door .. I said why didn't you put the blade in the middle of the toaster? She said the oven was too not to push the blade in deeper.. Needless to say , when I I looked at the blade , it was warped like a pretzel.. The side closest to glass didn't get enough heat and the blade warped ..

I should have never jump in .. She meant well , but now I have my hands full of trying to get this thing straight again..

Yes I do ! BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she should have put the blade in the middle of the toaster ! LOL !

Back