Simple sheath build along

I will start the coloring phase. I cheat. For the grooves I use a sharpie. Just follow the line. Pretty simple

73560348-A7-D1-4-A74-A2-AB-83021-C835-D16.jpg

Here are the colors that I have picked. Since the knife is two toned-the sheath will be two toned.

Solid light brown edge and antique mahogany centers.

EE5-AACC0-F6-B8-44-A5-9-A43-FBF8795-ABBF0.jpg

Your WIPs are the best. Following closely. Leather work is my weak point, so this is very exciting to me.

John-That is the best thing that I have heard in quite a while. Thank you! Keep following along and remember if you ever have any questions-just ask. I will help if I am able to help.

Last edited:
I use a q-tip to apply the light brown dye around the edge and on the inside of the sheath. Then I use a heavy shop rag to apply the antique finish all over each side. Turns out like this.

50-CC9405-C80-D-45-E7-B13-E-DE397-D03-D385.jpg

This is great Dennis! I'm not sure I'm understanding which parts you dyed with which dye. Is the border the mahogany antique and the basketweave the lighter brown?

Nice write up Dennis! Need to get some of the Pro-Dye. How do you finish sheath? I have been using Resoline but was wondering if you recommend something better!

Really enjoying this, Dennis. As a newbie, there is so much to learn. I'm just adding scales to blanks, but I've improved and at the stage where I'm not ashamed to give a knife to family and friends. But what to do for a sheath? There are plenty of cheap, lightweight Chinese sheaths, and there are top-end custom makers, but what's in between?

Back