Soft versus Hard Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the metal I scrounged is suspiciously warm to the touch, all the time. If you put two pieces close together the hairs on your arms wiggle. But you didn’t hear that from me.
Hey now the knife can double as a hand warmer for those especially cold days in the deer woods!

Sure thing. Might want to wash your hands after handling the scraps, unless you just like your chicken wings to taste like PETN and Thermite.

You may want the steel I made from the secondary process. Some are tiny but I’ll save the good stuff for you (the canister damascus I made from soup cans and Chevette fenders).

why not use the whole Chevette? The ensuing knives would even have built-in mikarta from the seat covers. I'm tellin ya, this could be a whole new industry!

I asked the wife if I could borrow one of her diamond rings, I told her I was going to make some diamond dust on my anvil.....
I figured, hey, no scrap pipe....take the next best route. she just looked at me like this...o_O....
She just doesn't seem to understand how valuable diamond dust is.
I told her this time next year we could be rolling in the stuff. she just don't get it. :mad:

Probably this has thread has run it's course. It has devolved into witty sarcasm and I'm not comfortable with that.
EnvroDaren has been very respectful here and I appreciate that.
I don't see a way to monetize the by products of this process any way other than canister damascus that has a cool story behind it.
He is free to open another thread but I think it's best if we close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back