Some different handle matl.

ArtinNC

Some different handle matl, "ambrosia maple" I found this at Woodcraft to make bowls and thought it was interesting. Knife is 7 5/8 OAL.
100_0855.jpg

100_0861.jpg

100_0863.jpg

Nice I have a huge stock of wood like this that I had stabilized and it is very nice to work with. Very fine knife.

Nice I have a huge stock of wood like this that I had stabilized and it is very nice to work with. Very fine knife.

I'm having the the rest of mine stabilized, This I tried to do it my self with Min-wax wood hardner and top coat of epoxy and it turned out ok but having Mike do it would be better.

I think you will be very pleased with it .

Very nice....

Lots of people think ambrosia maple is some sort of fruit salad with nuts in it.....:D

I think the end cuts are always more interesting on those pieces with spalting and the lighter / darker colors.

Larry

Just want to thank everyone for their comments.... Art

PS: Larry, I like the end grain too.

Hey Art here is a hunter did in the end cut ambrosia. Very cool stuff and almost comes off as mammoth or something. I had all mine stabilized at WSSI and they did a great job. I have another 50+ blocks or so that need stabilized 2thumbs

Attachments

• endcut_ambrosia.jpg
    endcut_ambrosia.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 14
Hey Art here is a hunter did in the end cut ambrosia. Very cool stuff and almost comes off as mammoth or something. I had all mine stabilized at WSSI and they did a great job. I have another 50+ blocks or so that need stabilized 2thumbs

Very nice.
Mine come out a little darker than I'd like. It looks like the lighter color wood on yours is lighter than mine. I'v just never see this used on knife handles before.
Thanks for showing your knife , I really like it.And wish I had some more of that wood . Think I have enough for 6 more knives.
Art

Hey Art,

That is a good looking knife.
I would like to nominate you for "STUD KNIFE MAKER OF THE MONTH"

Greg

Could you go to British Blades and post that picture on my thread (Anyone for a Salid)) It's about half way down the page.

Last edited:
Thanks Art. My friend has a hardwood business and he had a bunch of this. I bought a fair amount of it but wish I would have bought it all! I really like it. I have probably about 25 blocks that are stabilized plus the lot I have waiting to be stabilized. Here is another picture of a forged EDC that I finished a while back. Hope you don't mind me posting pics in your thread I just really love this wood also and thought I would share2thumbs

Attachments

• Ambrosia_endcut_edc.jpg
    Ambrosia_endcut_edc.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 5
Back