The Judge Roy Bean Bowie

I couldn't have said it better, Mr. Jarosz.

Bruce,
Do you ever stop and think that when you are creating these knives that they will be appreciated and cherished for nearly ever?
We are at a fortunate point in history when we realize the value of sustainable art and guys like you and many, many other 'dogs are filling the historic collections in museums for dozens of generations to come. (Hope that's not too much pressure for you).

Always amazed and awed,
Steve

Another Masterpiece Bruce!
Just curious, is there a tie to Judge Bean with this knife?

God Bless
Mike
Mike, there's no relation the Judge Roy and the Bowie. I just like that old movie and Judge Bean would have liked this Bowie I believe.

Thanks for the compliment

Last edited:
I've been away from knifemaking for a while, Bruce, but it I've certainly retained enough to know that your work is phenomenal. I'm not worthy to be in the same room with you.

J, good to see you back. You were missed, where you been, just working? Doing well I hope.
Thanks for the kind words.
I've been away from knifemaking for a while, Bruce, but it I've certainly retained enough to know that your work is phenomenal. I'm not worthy to be in the same room with you.

I have read this several times was attributed to Judge Roy Bean.

This is an actual sentence handed down by Judge Roy Bean
Jose Manuel Miguel Gonzales, in a few short weeks it will be spring.
The snows of winter will flow away, the ice will vanish, the air will become soft and balmy.
The annual miracle of the years will awaken and come to pass.
The rivulet will run its soaring course to the sea.
The timid desert flowers will put fourth their tender shoots.
The glorious valleys of this imperial domain will blossom as the rose.
From every tree top, some wild songster will carol his mating song.
Butterflies will sport in th sunshine.

But you will not be their to enjoy it. Because I command the sheriff of the county to lead you away to some remote spot, swing you by the neck from a knotting bough of some sturdy oak and let you hang until dead.

And then Jose Manuel Miguel Gonzales, I further command that such officers retire quickly from your dangling corpse, that vultures may descend from the heavens upon your filthy body until nothing is left but the bare, bleached bones of a cold-blooded, blood-thirsty, throat-cutting, murdering S.O.B

Sounds like a Man I would have liked to have met!

God Bless
Mike

Wow Mike! You've been reading! If I were there I would have stood up and applauded to that sentence.

I loved the movie and was quite taken by his love for singer Miss Lilly Langtree whom he hadnt even met. Judge Roy was quite a romantic.
I have read this several times was attributed to Judge Roy Bean.

This is an actual sentence handed down by Judge Roy Bean
Jose Manuel Miguel Gonzales, in a few short weeks it will be spring.
The snows of winter will flow away, the ice will vanish, the air will become soft and balmy.
The annual miracle of the years will awaken and come to pass.
The rivulet will run its soaring course to the sea.
The timid desert flowers will put fourth their tender shoots.
The glorious valleys of this imperial domain will blossom as the rose.
From every tree top, some wild songster will carol his mating song.
Butterflies will sport in th sunshine.

But you will not be their to enjoy it. Because I command the sheriff of the county to lead you away to some remote spot, swing you by the neck from a knotting bough of some sturdy oak and let you hang until dead.

And then Jose Manuel Miguel Gonzales, I further command that such officers retire quickly from your dangling corpse, that vultures may descend from the heavens upon your filthy body until nothing is left but the bare, bleached bones of a cold-blooded, blood-thirsty, throat-cutting, murdering S.O.B

Sounds like a Man I would have liked to have met!

God Bless
Mike

Last edited:
Back