The Judge Roy Bean Bowie

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
Just got these pictures back and wanted to show them here. It has a 12" blade of ladder patterned 1084 and 15n20 damascus, 416 stainless everywhere else and checkered blackwood scales. Gary Goudy did his magic on the checkering, Jere Davidson engraving and Claude Scott made the custom sheath.
Thanks for looking

Bump_130716-web_zpsa87ca932.jpg

Bump_130716B-web_zps3dfdceae.jpg

wow. I thought I had met most of the engravers via Joe Mason and hanging around the engravers booth several years at Blade. I have not met Jere before but that is some real nice floral work. I always liked that style.
The whole knife looks amazing Bruce. Congrats to your entire team...

Bruce. There ya go again. Raising the bar! :)

Really awesome Bowie. The combination of features all work together perfectly.. Your eye for detail is RIGHT ON! Congrats on another masterpiece!

Blessings
Randy

The fine compliments are much appreciated Gentlemen but I,m just a lowly maker with a file and a hacksaw.

WOW What a real beauty.
Bruce is the front sides of the guard fileworked or is that engraving? So small, such detail..AWESOME..

You know Bruce... you seem to have a real knack for this knife-making business. With a bit more time and practice, you may develop a name for yourself. Best wishes.
:s12137:

Seriously... very awesome. Your work is always top-notch. I am particularly drawn to the added flair of Gary's checkering, as well as the collar (habaki?) in front of the guard. :thumbup:

Erin

Back