Titanium for folder, smaller quantity?

Self Made Knives

Boss, I guess I'm directing this question to you first, but other sources are welcome as well. I try to buy from Midwest first when I can.

I want to try a flipper like you and Les made on the new dvd, but not sure I need a 12x12 piece of 0.100" titanium. Have you ever considered selling it in single folder quantities? Like 1.5"x5" or so? You could get 8 or 9 sets out of a sheet. Maybe something like $15 per pair vs. $120 for a whole sheet.

I've looked at it once and thought the cost of getting it those small sizes was too high. I'll look at it again.

I like Alpha too, usually I look at Midwest first, then Alpha. I was wanting to stick to the materials they used on the DVD, but Chuck doesn't have 0.100 ti. Boss has it, but I just wanted to try one flipper first and see how it goes.

AKS has .110 that is close enough and the piece he has is big enough for 3 knives.
Folders are like potato chips, you can't make just one:biggrin:

You will know why selling smaller pieces isn't very practical as soon as you have cut out your first set. Cutting Ti=no fun...cutting thick Ti=miserable.

Bob

Mistakes? Me? Yeah, I know, I'll probably just cough it up for the bigger sheet. I've only used Ti once before and it pretty thin. I was hoping maybe Boss had a big shear and could slice it up easily. How about a plasma cutter to rough it out?

I've never tried my plasma cutter on titanium.
If you want to join the hair shirt crowd get you some titanium and suffer right along with the rest of us.:biggrin:

Back