TW90 vertacal/horizontal grinder

super nice unit , I know its probably worth the money , 3200 $ is a bunch of green . It just seems that everything is getting more expensive , all you have to do is blink !! I bought my first bader for $1,100 with a few attachments and some extra wheels . Brand new . Ah the good ol days.

I got up close and personal with that grinder at the Blade Show...it's a really nice unit, and the young man who produces it put a lot of thought into it.

$3,200 is a chunk of change, but from what I saw, this machine has more precision, and more refinement than most.

Kinda pricey, but WOW!!! That appears to be a pretty solid piece of equipment.

That looks awesome. It's pretty well equiped for the money. I figure you'd spend close to a grand on a horizontal grinder alone, plus the savings in shop space... Here's what really got me interested:

(At the bottom of the "Prodect Specs" page)

Coming soon:
-index-able tool-bit sharpener attachment
-index-able tube notcher
-surface grinding attachment

I can't even get my head around how that would work, but I'm VERY curious to see it.

That grinder is pretty well thought out and engineered, to say the least. And with the possibility of a surface grinding attachment and the fact that it can be run with variable speed on 110 or 220 makes it seem like a real good deal for the money. I am going to buy one when I save up the other $3163.00.

Anyone know of where I can get some drawing plans for the TW90, I've tried to work out the sizes from the info given on the website but nothing like the having the actual dimensions.
I live in the UK and getting one of them sent over will be a lot of serious shekels.

Dino

I have a Burr King, a Dozier, a Square Wheel, a JL grinder, and the TW90. The TW90 is by far the best. Well designed, well made, a real pleasure to use.

How were you able to buy a KMG, I have called for over a month and all I get get is "WE HAVE NO STOCK & it will be 2 to 3 weeks before we do" . . .

I know KMG makes an excellent grinder and they have an excellent reputation for customer service. But I can only make myself stay in "buying mode" so long.

Buy that's ok, EERF & GIB are looking real good . . . Maybe after I build one of those a TW90 or KMG will be in my sights. . . :)

Last edited:
Travis sells a lot of grinders. He built me the surface grinder and I put it on a stand with a PM motor and it an be adjusted to run 2 x 48 or 2 x 72 belts. Mine surfaces perfectly flat.

Attachments

• DSC01011.JPG
    DSC01011.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC01010.JPG
    DSC01010.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01009.JPG
    DSC01009.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC01008.JPG
    DSC01008.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01012.JPG
    DSC01012.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 77
Anyone know of where I can get some drawing plans for the TW90, I've tried to work out the sizes from the info given on the website but nothing like the having the actual dimensions.
I live in the UK and getting one of them sent over will be a lot of serious shekels.

Dino
Nowhere.

You don't really expect a guy selling grinders to produce a drawing so folks can knock him off, do you?

Same as when kmg and burr king started out they were cloned, I fabricated the kmg from plans online. Guess I'll have to draw and fabricate it, although there are some changes I'd make to the tool bar clamp which looks pretty basic and have read that it chews up the face.
Nowhere.

You don't really expect a guy selling grinders to produce a drawing so folks can knock him off, do you?

I asked this question way back on the other thread on the TW90 and no one bothered to answer it. So I pirated these photos from the thread!

DSC01010_zps857c5fe8.jpg

DSC01009_zps9739a84a.jpg

DSC01008_zps9b5865a8.jpg

So what am I looking at here??? It appears to be a magnetically held surface for flat grinding a blade, on a horizontal plane!

Is that what it is?? Anyone?

If that is what it is, that is a nice feature, anyone who has one of these TW90's, (how do you like this feature) and is accurate?

So I got another question! Is this the same machine,

tn_1200_100_0087JPG_zps30489eb2.jpg

I mean it has the same name but, it does not look like the one in the other pics????

Back