Wassup for the weekend????

Hey you Ole Redskin.:D
Didn't get the press fixed. It wasn't the slider plate' it was the cylinder. I think (scary) that I am going to up grade to a 5" cylinder instead of the 4 1/2"

Wa..Wa..Wally, bummer about the press man, that just plain ol sucks, though Bertha has done a whole lot of metal squishing.

Marked 5 blades yesterday and gave um a quick etch and clean up,,,,,

PICT2985.jpg

,,,,,the 2 top ones I made last september with my brother-in-law and his son. The other 3 I made at Wa..Wa..Wally's.

Had a fine evening with Kook and Marleen celebrating her Bday. We went to a restaurent at a marina close to their house. Marleen and Linda had the prime rib Kook and a lobster roll and I had some sea scollops, um um um. I haven't had sea scollops in quite some time and those were very tasty. Excellent evening.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

I just learned that I am going to get a load of hay for the horses.pup2You know that is my favorate thing to do on a Saturday.
My wife has a can koozy that says, "I've spent 90% of my life riding horses.....and I've waisted the other 10%."

Obviously we have different ideas of what is important.

Just filled my 100# tank. Kook is coming over tomorrow to play with fire. He has a couple of blades to HT and he is going to hammer out a damascus blade. I've got a couple of billets I'm going to HT and take those to have RC hardness checked, and I'm also going to hammer out a damascus blade.

You all have a good weekend.

Hey you Ole Redskin.:D
Didn't get the press fixed. It wasn't the slider plate' it was the cylinder. I think (scary) that I am going to up grade to a 5" cylinder instead of the 4 1/2".
You should hook up with my son when you get to Phoenix. He has the number one bird dog in AZ. He would made you feel right at home, because he goes bird hunting on a Indian Reservation. ( No Lie ) HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Bummer about your press, IG!
That's really cool about your son, IG! It would sure be nice to see him! I'm unfortunately not going to have much time there, am flying to Vegas to visit my son on a Monday and then we are driving to Havasu for a couple of days for family reunion and some fishing with son from Phoenix and brother that lives in Havasu. The four of us hope to get in a couple of days of striper fishing.
I have to fly back that Friday from Vegas. :running dog:

Looks like we are going to have a nasty, rainy and windy weekend.:mad: The smithy wouln't be running this weekend.huh1
I have allot of work to do to fill orders in the cellar workshop. Y'all have a good one.2thumbs

Bummer on the weather, IG! :mad:
I'm trying to get 3 hunters hunters done this week, a couple going on vacation with me the week after next. The two are going to two of my sons that live out there and another one goes to my daughter.

I still have to heat the shop, it still being pretty cool (50's) here.

I'm trying to wrangle a buy on two anvils, one about 100# and another that must weigh 300#.

We have been seeing a coal black couger at work. And my Capt. nearly ran over an albino bobcat this week while driving through the installation headed home. :confused: From one extreme to another, huh?

Nice blades, T!

Bummer on the weather, IG! :mad:
I'm trying to get 3 hunters hunters done this week, a couple going on vacation with me the week after next. The two are going to two of my sons that live out there and another one goes to my daughter.

I still have to heat the shop, it still being pretty cool (50's) here.

I'm trying to wrangle a buy on two anvils, one about 100# and another that must weigh 300#.

We have been seeing a coal black couger at work. And my Capt. nearly ran over an albino bobcat this week while driving through the installation headed home. :confused: From one extreme to another, huh?

Nice blades, T!

Hey!!!! You Ole Redskin, I was thinking about you.sharpen1 I shot a treerat this morning and it is in the pot for lunch. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!
It would be cool, if you could take some pic's of of the cats. 2thumbs

Last edited:
Hey!!!! You Ole Redskin, I was thinking about you.sharpen1 I shot a treerat this morning and it is in the pot for lunch. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!
It would be cool, if you could take some pic's of of the cats. 2thumbs
Nice going, George! 2thumbs
I have a camera pass for the installation and will start packing a camera every day at work. A fella rarely has one handy when needed. :eek:

I got one of the knives finished for the kids for when I go visit on vacation and have quite a bit to finish on the others. I don't think I will have them finished in time for sheaths. :eek: I'll probably have to haul the knives back home for the sheaths and then mail them to the boys. If it wasn't for the sheaths having to be wet formed, it would be quicker to complete.

How's your press repair coming along, George?

Nice going, George! 2thumbs
I have a camera pass for the installation and will start packing a camera every day at work. A fella rarely has one handy when needed. :eek:

I got one of the knives finished for the kids for when I go visit on vacation and have quite a bit to finish on the others. I don't think I will have them finished in time for sheaths. :eek: I'll probably have to haul the knives back home for the sheaths and then mail them to the boys. If it wasn't for the sheaths having to be wet formed, it would be quicker to complete.

How's your press repair coming along, George?

The press is all set for now ( I Hopehuh1). Once I get more capital I going to upgrade it to a 5" cylinder.2thumbs

I was hoping to get the bench for my lathe all painted today, but it's raining and I have it outside. It's is going to be a tight squeeze to get it down to my cellar workshop. :mad: Tomorrow I plan on at least getting the lathe down stairs and move the bench into the smithy so I can finish painting it.:D

I have to get to work on three drop point skinners. I have a customer in Nevada that ordered them and sent me the pattern he wants. I'll cut them out and profile them this weekend.

I'll be cleaning up the mess that Mother Nature dropped on me, 5 1/2" of water in my basement, and it's still coming in.

The hospital recommended to my wife that they put her Mother on the DNR list. That Sucks. No joy in Muddsville.

I have to get to work on three drop point skinners. I have a customer in Nevada that ordered them and sent me the pattern he wants. I'll cut them out and profile them this weekend.

Hey you Missed Placed Yankee. When are you going to buy a Trike like the one you rode this week.2guns2guns

Picked up Jeff yesterday and gave him the nickel tour. Have a few people coming over to help me get my lathe and bench down my cellar shop. Also building Jeff a knife vise.;) Gary is bring over the materials to finish the NWG that will be the door prize for the HI.2thumbs

Last edited:
My basemnet finally stopped taking on water. Will be sorting out the stuff to stay and the junk to get rid of. Still a bummer.

Packing up to go to Tannehill. I've got to un-winterize the camper before I go, the start loading up.

Working on grinder kits.

Yesterday morning I got a call from the freight company to make sure that I would be at the shop because they had 30 motors to deliver. I waited all day and they never showed up. I guess that they will call me Monday to make sure I am there so that they can not show up.

Packing up to go to Tannehill. I've got to un-winterize the camper before I go, the start loading up.

Working on grinder kits.

Yesterday morning I got a call from the freight company to make sure that I would be at the shop because they had 30 motors to deliver. I waited all day and they never showed up. I guess that they will call me Monday to make sure I am there so that they can not show up.

You are hitting the road this week??????:confused:;)

Bubba's, if any of you are free this Saturday, I could use help setting up for the HI. I'll be cooking up a 5# stuffed smoked chicken with the fixings.;)

Hey IG me and Burton are heading over to ol' leatherfaces to pound some steel wish you could come. Moon

Back