Wassup for the weekend????

You Ole Injun You!!!! If you get any slower, you'll be going backwards. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!;)
I have the same problems in my shop. I think (scary) I may clean it tomorrow.huh1:duh:
Yeh? Well, Mr. Rascal, I bet you are on the brink of slowing down. :D

At least I still have my good looks and mind is still intact. ;)

I haven't gotten any work done yet today, ran to store and also picked up carryout breakfast so wife gets a break.

While (IF) you are cleaning tomorrow, you gonna stop by here and clean my shop, too? It could use a good cleaning. I should just get one of those leaf blowers, crank it up, and leave the shop door open.

A fella that's not a knife maker brought a mess by here for me to fix, already ground (shudder) Diamondwood, a rough blade ground out of a sawblade, and some brass roughed out to a guard. He begged to have the whole mess put together and looking as decent as possible in 4 days. :eek:

Well, I got er done, but there was about an 1/8 gap between the handle and guard because he cut the scales too short. I mixed some bronze filings via my carbide rotary file, popped it in the drillpress and made filings. I made a paste with the filings and some AcraGlas gel and filled in the gap. When I got that worked down, it didn't look bad at all. The fella liked it.

The blade was of a first knife some old pal of his started and then died. So, the surviving pal rough finished the blade and was trying to make a knife out of it to present the family of the deceased. He left some of the old fella's scratches and other grind marks on the rough blade for sentimental value. I charged him only a small fraction of what the work was worth, sending him away happy.

Got my new Lady friend coming over for the weekend. On Wednesday, she did up a piece of cable Damascus. She was a Tattoo Artist and she has more Tats than I do.:cool:
Saturday, have some of my friends coming over to meet her. BBBB Beaver already wants to plan a Tattoo/ Hammer-In Party. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!
Linda loves hot food and really likes the HT'g Relish. We will be cooking up a big pot of Portagee Kale Soup for tomorrow.2thumbs

Last edited:
Wa..Wa..Wally, your new Lady Friend sure has a lot of ink. Are you firing up the forge tomorrow? It's gonna be CCCCOOOOLLLLDDDD :eek:

Some pic's from the weekend

Gary forged out a leaf for Linda. BBBB Beaver heat treated a few knives and Todd was grinding the scale off of his billet. It was a cold day, but we still had a hot time. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

Last edited:
Gary forged out a leaf for Linda. BBBB Beaver heat treated a few knives and Todd was grinding the scale off of his billet. It was a cold day, but we still had a hot time. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

Wa..Wa..Wally didn't mention lunch. We had some fantastic cale soup that Wa..Wa..Wally made lapped up the juice with some awesom Portagee bread that I picked up a the local Portugese bakery, also Linda had made some snacking food.

As IG said it was very cold but we did have a hot time.

Thanks Wa..Wa..Wally,,,, and I did pick up that soup bowl :eek: and put it in the sink :D not you, Old Mr. CENSORED :cool:

My son is up from AZ. and tomorrow is PIGOUT DAY:unsure:. Got a big Portagee Style clamboil to cook. Got all the fixings to go with it too. Including my HT'g relish. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

My son is up from AZ. and tomorrow is PIGOUT DAY:unsure:. Got a big Portagee Style clamboil to cook. Got all the fixings to go with it too. Including my HT'g relish. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!
And going to boil up some of those bottom feeders again, IG? No fried squirrel and gravy? ;)

I been down with miserable cold and crap most of the weekend. Kids have been stopping by with birthday presents. I got a new big tacklebox, tackle, and a new Browning .22 BUCKMARK that says ULTRAGRIP RX PRO TGT 5 1/2 CAMPER on the box.
Another son is sending plane tickets for a week of AZ fishing next month. Geeze, I'm thinking of having more birthdays per year! :D

Weather has been lousy and is snowing again. We have another 7"-10" coming. You guys really got hammered out there, IG! :eek:

I have a hunter to touch up and send, but not even feeling up to doing even that much. Hey, you reckon a hot toddy would help, George?

And going to boil up some of those bottom feeders again, IG? No fried squirrel and gravy? ;)

I been down with miserable cold and crap most of the weekend. Kids have been stopping by with birthday presents. I got a new big tacklebox, tackle, and a new Browning .22 BUCKMARK that says ULTRAGRIP RX PRO TGT 5 1/2 CAMPER on the box.
Another son is sending plane tickets for a week of AZ fishing next month. Geeze, I'm thinking of having more birthdays per year! :D

Weather has been lousy and is snowing again. We have another 7"-10" coming. You guys really got hammered out there, IG! :eek:

I have a hunter to touch up and send, but not even feeling up to doing even that much. Hey, you reckon a hot toddy would help, George?
Hey!!!! You Ole Injun, Happy Belated B'Day.2thumbs2thumbs
I hope they bought you lessons too.:duh: Yep, Lesson.:confused:wheelchair Lesson on how to shoot your new gun.2guns It's about time you stopped using the old bow and arrow. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Hey!!!! You Ole Injun, Happy Belated B'Day.2thumbs2thumbs
I hope they bought you lessons too.:duh: Yep, Lesson.:confused:wheelchair Lesson on how to shoot your new gun.2guns It's about time you stopped using the old bow and arrow. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D Birthday isn't for a couple of days yet, and thanks, George!

I don't need dang shooting lessons, rascal! :D I do admit it isn't getting as easy to weapons range qualify twice per year at work. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D:D:D Birthday isn't for a couple of days yet, and thanks, George!

I don't need dang shooting lessons, rascal! :D I do admit it isn't getting as easy to weapons range qualify twice per year at work. :rolleyes:

You probably would make out better, if your eyes weren't so crossed. HEHEHEHEHE!!! Oh !!!!Great Redskin Hunter.2guns

I have to work on my press. I keep breaking the clevis pin on the slider plate, because the hole it oblong. I'll be drilling the slider out and putting a 1 3/8" sleeve to 1" in it.
Linda, will be doing some leather work on my old sewing machine.
I also have a fresh pork shoulder marinating. I de-bone and cut most of the fat off. It's is all loaded up with onion, garlic and HT'g relish. Before I smoke it I tie it back up with a piece of chouiro in the middle. Oh!!! Baby!!! I am getting hungry. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Just got home from work, now it's time to practice. The Lightnin' Brothers have a private party to play at tomorrow evening and I need to get a guitar part down for Foo Fighters "Wheels". Also have to dust off 4 or 5 numbers from the "King". Have to meet at the drummers house Saturday, pack the gear and get on the road before 4 PM. We're playing from 6 to 10 PM and I think we'll be jamming till closing.

Better pick up some Valentine's Day cards for the "Missus" 2thumbs

Sunday, I need to sand and etch a couple of blades that need to be ready by 3/10/10.

Hope you all have a great weekend, off to the guitar :cool:

I have a class tomorrow with about 7 students from 14 to 45. We will be making splitting chisels, fullers and punch out of coil spring, heat treating them, then using the tools to make hart J hooks for Valentines day gifts.

Had Todd from Boston down yesterday. He caught on really quick on the file work. Ron is stopping over today to show me the scalpel he is making with a piece of Damascus I gave him. I got to work on my press today. Keep breaking the clevis pin on the slider plate. I going to drill it out and put a harden sleeve and pin in it.:D

.... Keep breaking the clevis pin on the slider plate. I going to drill it out and put a harden sleeve and pin in it.:D

Wa..Wa..Wally make sure you put a real deep temper on that one. huh1

Got 5 blades I've got to put my mark on and etch in Ferric.

Got to start cleaning up my shop for the demonstration that I will be doing for the "American Society of Metal" on March 10, 2010. Wa..Wa..Wally and Kook will be helping me with this. The demo will be forging pattern welded steel into a knife. Most likely I'll just do one of my typical neck knives, approx 5 to 6", these are done pretty quickly.

Linda and I are going out with Kook and Marleen this evening, it's Marleen's B day.

I gotta get a hunter etched with my name and get it ready to mail out tomorrow.

George, you get your press fixed?

We are supposed to receive another 8"10" of snow on top of all the other stuff. I'd send the snow to IG's but I think he's already got his share for the rest of the winter. :D

I still haven't shot that new Browning pistol. I reckon the few rabbits missed by the varmints are going to be safe from me the rest of this winter. Our season ends the last of Feb.

My crusty old sheath maker stopped by yesterday and had coffee with my wife and me. Ol' Abe is a fair gunsmith and piddles with some knife making of his own. Abe is ex-military and ex-cop, a very interesting rascal.

Abe and I used to work together making 120mm tank rounds. Some types of those rounds are pretty heavy and makes for hard work. We also made a lot of other munitions for the military until he got fed up of the place and quit.

I got tired of that work after a few years and transferred to a security patrol job there about 20 years ago. Hey George, you want to ride shotgun? ;)

I'm going to fire up the heat in the shop in a little while and get some work done before I go on vacation next month in AZ and NV with family out there. My youngest son, Casey, lives in Vegas. He wants to get into knife making and it will give us a good opportunity to go over some of the ins and outs to get him started.

Son John lives in Phoenix and wants to get started making duck and goose calls. I picked up a wood lathe for him a while back but I'm not taking it on the plane with me. He will pick it up when and if he drives back here to Iowa for his usual June walleye and catfish fishing trip with old Dad. He usually flies back here for a week but talks about driving back one of these trips.

Hey you Ole Redskin.:D
Didn't get the press fixed. It wasn't the slider plate' it was the cylinder. I think (scary) that I am going to up grade to a 5" cylinder instead of the 4 1/2".
You should hook up with my son when you get to Phoenix. He has the number one bird dog in AZ. He would made you feel right at home, because he goes bird hunting on a Indian Reservation. ( No Lie ) HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Back