What's going on in your shop?

You guys are giving me a serious inferiority complex about my leather work. That is beautiful!
Thank you. If you look too closely the pattern stamping isn't perfect, so this is kind of of turning into a practice piece. I'll finish it though and have an old fillet knife it should fit.

Well done, Bruce! Your finish work is getting really really nice. Those handles are beautiful. The filework on the spine is a great touch. I know they'll love them.

thanks John. I appreciate the feedback. I feel like I'm getting better, but still such a long way to go. Wish I had started earlier in life cause I really enjoy this.

thanks John. I appreciate the feedback. I feel like I'm getting better, but still such a long way to go. Wish I had started earlier in life cause I really enjoy this.

Dude, you're making knives. With files. You are doing fantastic. But I tell you what, knifemaking is the hardest thing I've ever done. Nobody warned me how much doggone work this stuff is.

This is Rocket, the shop cat. I didn't go out to the shop until about 2:00PM today, but as per usual, she was hot on my heels to get in the shop before I turned Ol' Skip loose. I fired up the heater, and since I was gonna be under my face shield for about 2 hours, I went ahead and switched on the ceiling fan that's way up in the peak of the shop. I turned around to throw a belt on the grinder to get started, and that cat fuh-reeeeked out. She ran up under everything in the shop, power sliding around corners and a finally lost her under a table saw with a bunch of stuff around it. I thought maybe she had got onto a mouse, cuz she was standing by the dog food when she took off. But when I found her, she was studying that fan with great interest. I suppose she thought it was death from above. Not a bad instinct around here, because we have an above average population of bald eagles.
B1AF87A7-C2E2-469E-A7FB-ECB33244250E.jpeg

Here's my shop-cat Tiger...though he high-tails it inside as soon as I turn on the grinder.

Here he is poking around.

-------edited to add--------
By the way I've cleaned up some of the stuff you see here since this photo was taken. It was the only one I could find right now of him.

Last edited:
Here's my shop-cat Tiger...though he high-tails it inside as soon as I turn on the grinder.

Here he is poking around.

-------edited to add--------
By the way I've cleaned up some of the stuff you see here since this photo was taken. It was the only one I could find right now of him.

Depending on which corner your in, that's how my shop looks after I clean it.
I find that it's not so bad that my hobbies get in the way of work, it's just that my hobbies get in the way of my hobbies.

Back