What's going on in your shop?

I took some time today to work on a prototype of a liner lock flipper I have been wanting to make. I struggled to get this thing to work right with location of pivot, stop pin and all the headaches that are folders. I downloaded a program on my work computer and have been working on it which made life easier.
I'm cutting the pattern out of mild steel to see how I like it. I also started 2 slip joints out of cpm154 one will hopefully make it and look good enough to give to my dad for Christmas the other will be my tester if I don't screw it up.
IMG_20180719_204829_173.jpg

I took some time today to work on a prototype of a liner lock flipper I have been wanting to make. I struggled to get this thing to work right with location of pivot, stop pin and all the headaches that are folders. I downloaded a program on my work computer and have been working on it which made life easier.
I'm cutting the pattern out of mild steel to see how I like it. I also started 2 slip joints out of cpm154 one will hopefully make it and look good enough to give to my dad for Christmas the other will be my tester if I don't screw it up.
View attachment 63986
Awesome folder! That will be an amazing knife! (the bottom one I mean...can't "see" the blue ones till they're lined up...)

Not a whole lot going on in my shop currently. I finally decided I was totally outta room so I’m starting to build a new shop! I’m currently in a 12x12 and don’t have any room left. I have to take our mountain bikes out just to get to my work bench lol. Soooo.... I’m building a 16x32 as I can afford it. Lumber is ridiculous right now! I got the runners leveled up last week and hope to go buy my floor joists this weekend. I may actually do a WIP on the shop... I’m excited about it

Not a whole lot going on in my shop currently. I finally decided I was totally outta room so I’m starting to build a new shop! I’m currently in a 12x12 and don’t have any room left. I have to take our mountain bikes out just to get to my work bench lol. Soooo.... I’m building a 16x32 as I can afford it. Lumber is ridiculous right now! I got the runners leveled up last week and hope to go buy my floor joists this weekend. I may actually do a WIP on the shop... I’m excited about it
Yes...a shop WIP!! 3.5 x increase! You'll love it!!

I wonder how long it will be before you find the 16x32 'just a bit cramped' and start thinking of an addition :):)

If that ever happens, he can come work in my shop to remember what it was like before he started living like the other half lives! He'll go back home and feel like he's in the Taj Mahal.

We ought to start a thread called "show me your shop." I think we all might get some great ideas from each other and see how other guys think about their processes. My shop is tiny, but I honestly don't need a whole lot of room. I have it laid out like a restaurant kitchen- a long, narrow aisle type thing where each section is set up as a work station for that process. It's all crammed in there like Tetris but it forces me to be tidy. Since space is at such a premium everything has to justify the space it takes up.

My shed is long and narrow but was built originally to hold six vehicles. It has to hold all my wood working machinery as well as having all my knifemaking gear and the vehicle in there so there is a certain snugness to much of the space.

I’ve been grounded until this cut on my leg starts to heal. The Mrs. is an RN I don’t get away with anything. I’m losing my mind watching YouTube videos and thinking “hey, I can do that!”

Mail Call!!!
My new DD extreme tilt work rest showed up, digital micrometer and some titanium for liner locks and pocket clips. I can't wait to get in the shop this weekend!
1mFVlHI.jpg

Finally finished up my etching unit tonight. Thank you to those who put plans online!
What a mess!
XWehjGC.jpg

First mark was claiming the unit as my own.
HoIjeiS.jpg

Now to clean up a stack of heat treated blades so I can put it to use.
SeRNCrF.jpg

Chris
what plans?? where?? I needs this in my life. lol

Upgraded some of my heat treat process. My first knife in a few years. 1084 bushcrafter for my friend's son. We're all going on a hike next weekend, another first in a few years. :)IMG_20180803_163912~01.jpg

Back