What's going on in your shop?

Daniel Macina

Uggg! Managed to ruin two blades in about 10 min on my new grinder. Need to get used to it and slow down a bit. Hoping to grind my first bevals tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. Lol. I'll learn in time I guess but sometimes it is frustrating!

Uggg! Managed to ruin two blades in about 10 min on my new grinder. Need to get used to it and slow down a bit. Hoping to grind my first bevals tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. Lol. I'll learn in time I guess but sometimes it is frustrating!
Stick with it. It's all about practice...pressure in the right spot....holding your mouth right....luck.....sometimes skill....sometimes they come out right and you don't burn your thumbs and ruin the temper on a blade. :p

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Been working on learning CNC in the HAAS mill.
These are a couple prototype test runs for a small flipper. Some flashing and tabs to remove but they seemed to have come out OK.
I had been trying to do/learn this in a few hours a day and then move on to something else. That hasn't worked. I put aside everything else and have been concentrating on just the CNC stuff and I feel like I'm making some progress.
IMG_3282 (1).jpg

Working on a special knife for my Mom. In 1978 she was on the Price is Right and won the show case showdown. We have never seen the footage. We have been trying to track it down for decades. This year my sister in law found it from some person in the UK. 2 weeks before my Knife or Death show aired we suprised her with the footage. The only thing still left around from the prizes was a TV console that had long collected dust in my dads shop. So I tore into it and salvaged some wood from it.
This is that wood on a knife I will give her for Christmas.
20181031_121046.jpg 20181031_115743.jpg 20181116_231852.jpg

That is a cool story Justin! Thank you for sharing. Your mother was on The Price is Right the year I was born. No wonder she won! I think it was a lucky year after all!! :D LOL!

It is a gift from God we here have. The ability to design & make beautiful working knives is truly a blessing. To give a hand made knife as a gift is a special thing regardless. But to give one not only made with your own hand(s), but also using some material that played a part in the receiving person's life is truly a unique & beautiful thing.

I think many of us know the pride you must feel, and can imagine the Christmas morning this will bring to your mother. God Bless your family & your Christmas my friend.

Working on a special knife for my Mom. In 1978 she was on the Price is Right and won the show case showdown. We have never seen the footage. We have been trying to track it down for decades. This year my sister in law found it from some person in the UK. 2 weeks before my Knife or Death show aired we suprised her with the footage. The only thing still left around from the prizes was a TV console that had long collected dust in my dads shop. So I tore into it and salvaged some wood from it.
This is that wood on a knife I will give her for Christmas
How special! It is so cool to be able to tie a memory to a knife that will last forever. (Unlike a console TV!)

There’s a good chance I watched that episode. I stayed with my grandparents just about every day and we never missed it.