What's going on in your shop?

I was gifted some Westinghouse micarta. It has been in storage in Louisiana since 1950. Crates were marked Westinghouse. Inside each crate were two rolls 5 inch thick by 4 1/2 foot long. Weight 80 pounds each roll. Hard to cut and the weave is very tight. streak down one side but not on other.
DD36AFA5-C79F-4997-9DBE-768940A9C2BA.jpeg05CAA704-F974-466A-9452-1D37A28B200F.jpeg

Last edited:
When you make a canister, the end caps should fit inside of your can and then weld. Otherwise they pop off too easy.

IMG_1518.jpg

Naturally it will be the hottest and most humid day of the year today so let's forge all day.
3 cans, 1 high layer billet doing a restack (center) and 2 new traditional billets.
IMG_1520.jpg

The best advice I can give is if you still do not know if you like it when you are done, box it up and send it to me...I will like it for you.
I would but it's already spoken for :). It was a request for Damascus and mammoth. Not sure I would have tried it on my own but that's what he wanted and that's what he shall get. :)

nice.
you know not to peen those pins right?

Not sure how I feel about this one. Damascus and mammoth tooth. We'll see how it turns out I guess. Shaping the handle tonight. First time working with mammoth tooth.

Back