Who's Going To The Oregon Knife Collectors Show

Yep she won't look here Bruce, can't wait to see it :D

Mike, here ya go, some kinda random shots of progress.

ckcaandMikeTurner008.jpg

ckcaandMikeTurner009.jpg

ckcaandMikeTurner012.jpg

ckcaandMikeTurner011.jpg

ckcaandMikeTurner013.jpg

ckcaandMikeTurner015.jpg

ckcaandMikeTurner014.jpg

Sweeeet Bruce :D love the stag can not wait to see it on the knife and if she does not like it I guess I will have to keep it :p.

Glad you like it so far. I thinned and flattened the stag and have the tang stops at "0" today. Also shaped the bolsters and am ready to put them on the liners. Question: Do you think red or black spacer material would look good under the stag? It would add some color if we go with red and might bring out the amber stag too. I have .010" red or black, nice and thin. I like black (manly/classic), I can even grind it thinner than that for such a small knife like this one. I also took just alittle off the tops of the popcorn to show the amber/red tones. Will get pics asap.
Sweeeet Bruce :D love the stag can not wait to see it on the knife and if she does not like it I guess I will have to keep it :p.

Last edited:
Bruce I think I will have to leave the spacer material to your discretion mainly because I am not going to ask her which she prefers :p LOL. Your taste is good enough for me my friend.

WOW!! Excellent slippie!! I wish it were mine. Hopefully you gents will let me check it out at the show!

Hey Shane, be sure to take a break from you selling frenzy long enough to come over to our side. See ya there!

Mike, I went with the red liners. Another question, I have 4 shields to choose from, which one do ya like? I havent tried the small oval or the bullock shield on anything yet. I kinda think the small oval on this one as the bullock is abit manly.

MikeTurnerslippie001.jpg

MikeTurnerslippie002.jpg

MikeTurnerslippie003.jpg

MikeTurnerslippie006.jpg

MikeTurnerslippie009.jpg

MikeTurnerslippie013.jpg

Hey Bruce that is looking killer.

Me I like the 3rd but think the oval would be suitable for a lady as well. I agree the bullock is kind of manly :D. Tough decisions I say the 3rd one but my gut says the oval, better go with the gut what do you think Bruce? Maybe ask your wife what she would like?

I asked Kaye and she said to use the 2nd one and says it looks like a Queens symbal, I always thought those were testicals but she didnt see testicals just the queen end of it. Go figure, what now? I'm thinking the small oval.

Hey go with the testicles Bruce I we can just tell her it is a queen symbol ;), the small oval is too simple :D. If all goes bad we can blame Kaye ;).

HOLY SMOKES Bruce umm meet me behind the building think I will keep this myself :p, just kidding. That stag is killer good call on the red spacer looks sweeeeet with the stag and the Queens Testicles LOL I like that. Hey Bruce you rock brother.

Mike, meet #23 slippie.
You need to see this stag in person. I'll be over at the stag table looking for more of this.

028.jpg

020-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

Mike, its finished and put away until show time. She is a sweet little folder, one of my favorites so far. What is your wifes name, sorry I have CRS (cant remember stuff). I hope she likes it. Kaye had trouble opening it but has never liked opening slipjoints. I could always put a stud on it or You keep it and I'll make her another one for next year if she cant open it. Its about number 5 on the ease of opening scale. We'll see ya at the show.

Bruce that turned out killer my friend, I hope she lets me hold it. If she can not open it at least I will get to touch it to open it for her :p. I have CRS too Bruce, I am glad you mentioned Kaye's name because I forgot hers. Takes me a few years to get peoples names down LOL. My wifes name is Barbara.

Now be sure to take me with you when you head to the stag table ;).

Hey did you manage to dress that slippie? I would hate for it to get scratched up in her purse.

Last edited:
Glad you like it Mike. I hope Barbara does too. I still need to make the purse sheath for it, I'm trying to come up with a small spring clip to attach to it and have Kaye sew it together. I have some really nice 1 or 2oz soft leather.

Friday is the day to search for stag but we cant pull into town until about 2 oclock. Last year I found a couple nice ones on Sunday so we should be good.

1-2 oz soft leather she should like that and a clip will definitely make sure it does not get buried :D.

I got some nice stag at the last Blade West show but it is all tapers, Jessica Bybee let me go through stag that had not been put up for sale yet. I did not think about getting some rolls for doing slippies with.

I like to find rolls and tapers and cut em up for slippies, that way the colors match the best. Maybe you and I can get the girls to watch our tables and go on an antler quest.
1-2 oz soft leather she should like that and a clip will definitely make sure it does not get buried :D.

I got some nice stag at the last Blade West show but it is all tapers, Jessica Bybee let me go through stag that had not been put up for sale yet. I did not think about getting some rolls for doing slippies with.

Back