Work Area Pictures

bjtiger75

Well, I finally took some pictures of the new KMG. I also took some pics of the rest of my work area. I have one wall of my garage basically set aside for knife making and tools. I keep trying to put my wife's car outside but she keeps warning that I'm going to come home and my tools are going to be outside!!! Well here are some pics!

IMG_0792.jpg

This is the KMG. It is on a small table that can be sat at with a chair.
IMG_0787.jpg

KMG, old Black and Decker variable speed wood bandsaw, 5 speed drill press and a storage cabinet that has handle material, sandpaper, blade material, etc in it.
IMG_0788.jpg

This is my main work bench. It has a couple of vises, bench grinder, 4x36 belt sander, paper wheel sharpening system setup and some other odds and ends. It is a bit messy right now.
IMG_0790.jpg

A couple of blades I am working on. These will be number 2 and 3. The big one is going to be a camp cooking knife and the little one is going to be made for my 11 year old brother. It fits his hands perfectly. Dad and I have been buying him knives since the day he was born. He probably has over 100 with most being Case.

And the most important recent addition to the family!!!
IMG_0786.jpg

This is my 9 week old daughter Addison. She was 23 7/8" inches and weighed 11lbs 14ozs. at her two month appointment last Wednesday. This was taken after church yesterday. She is going to be a tall girl like her daddy. I am about 6'5" and 330lbs so I am by no means a little fella, but I think she's gonna be thin like mom who is 5'3" and 130 lbs.

Thanks for looking fellas!

great looking little girl there..
the shop needs more dust..

Dido to the boss
I used to be that tall, but I worked and packed so many 2x10s &2x12s, that I got worn and pressed down to A towering 5'8.
Beautiful little girl.
Jerry

great looking little girl there..
the shop needs more dust..

No dust for me. As weird as this is I try to shop vac after I do any work in the garage because we still go in and out of it all the time and when the door goes up and down with all the dust it creates an even bigger mess. Just one of those strange quirks I guess.

BJ

Yeah the shop thing comes from my Dad and Grandfather. My grandfather was a carpenter so his tools where his livelihood. He cleaned them after every use. My dad is the same way. All the tools get cleaned before they get put up. If he walked into my garage right now he would would say I needed to neaten up guaranteed! It also makes it easier for me to work because I don't have a huge workspace so it being neat helps me be more productive.

Back