World's best thread about grinders...

I'll definitely look into it. Thanks!

I was also wondering if anyone has any whiz-bang ideas for how i could put a work rest on my grinder?

My finished GIB, had a problem with belt wobble sorted it, now runs like a dream, 2 hp motor with variable speed

004-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

005-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

Steve

Here's the latest NWG from Australia.
Bought the plans from Tracy about two months ago and just last week finally got everything together.

CIMG6981-1.jpg

CIMG6984-1.jpg

The drive wheel is the drive wheel from a 2x36 multitool grinder.

Like a few others I modified the way the pillow blocks are mounted
CIMG6985.jpg

Here's how I put the glass platen on
CIMG6988.jpg

I soldered a small piece of brass onto the bottom of a piece of angle iron as a ledge, then attached the glass with epoxy. so far so good.

i'm still having a slight issue of belt wobble. but i believe this is from how i've attached the drive wheel to the shaft. It's definitely not due to belt tension, i can barely move the tension arm enough to get the belt on.
Big thanks to Tracy and the rest of USA Knifemaker for making it possible

Nice job on your NWGS! I thought about using the square tube inserts to finish mine off a little more as well, but I never get around to sourcing any... Looks very nice on yours.

Similar to BossDog's but with a platen instead of one big wheel...

an old Craftsman 1 HP I picked up off Criagslist with a KMG platen addition

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

I think it is a mighty fine grinder for less than $300!

Can you tell the difference between that grind and a flat grind. Man that is a hoss. I though my 14in was big. WOW

Here is a pic of my new Bader B-III. I got it with variable speed, a flat platen, & the Double Billy Roll small wheel attachment. My ole Griz is on the right. I mounted them both to dollies so they're easy to move but stable when in use. I like to grind outside when I can. The shop don't get as dusty and I also like the natural light. The 2nd pic is a close-up if the Billy Roll attachment.

Attachments

• Grinder pics 002.jpg
    Grinder pics 002.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Grinder pics 003.jpg
    Grinder pics 003.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 109
Here is a pic of my new Bader B-III. I got it with variable speed, a flat platen, & the Double Billy Roll small wheel attachment. My ole Griz is on the right. I mounted them both to dollies so they're easy to move but stable when in use. I like to grind outside when I can. The shop don't get as dusty and I also like the natural light. The 2nd pic is a close-up if the Billy Roll attachment.

Good looking grinder Darrin. Hope you like it!!!

Keith

Back