World's best thread about grinders...

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We are going to make this the world's best thread about knife grinders

Post pictures of your grinders here. Let's see every kind and every gadget that you use with them.

some one sent a couple pic's of their FrankenGrinder....
frankengrinder.jpg

frankengrinder2.jpg

let's see them..

Last edited:
EERF grinder (uses same VFD and KMG attachments; also 2 hp):

EERF1.jpg

EERF2.jpg

9" flat and beveled disk (same VFD, 3/4 hp):

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

--nathan

OK....Here are mine:

1st off my very favorite tool, KMG with the "Caffrey" Platen
KMGgrinder.jpg

Next, The first "real" grinder I ever purchased..and after almost 30 years and several new sets of bearings, she's still grinding away....my Wilton Square Wheel:
Squarewheel.jpg

Next the Beaumont VFD disc grinder:
BeaumontDiscGrinder.jpg

And finally, a disc for slippies that I pieced together. Got the motor and controller off Ebay for a scream'in deal, a friend built the super heavy weight disc for me, and the stand/table came from Tru-Grit:
SlippyGrinder.jpg

Here's my homemade grinder. One motor, two work stations. I run my rotary platen on one end with a 10" wheel, 2" wheel, slack and flat. On the other end I have a small wheel attachment. Gets the job done. cool 1
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• pics 001.jpg
    pics 001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,663
  • pics 002.jpg
    pics 002.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,628
  • pics 003.jpg
    pics 003.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,612
  • pics 004.jpg
    pics 004.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,589
I have built the NWGS and as far as grinders go, it's a normal configuration.

The only major thing I did different was to cut out a section of the side plate on the flat platten attachment so I can remove the actual platten and have a slack belt. I'm pretty poor and couldn't afford the extra wheels anytime soon.

Slackmodification1.jpg

Slackmodification2.jpg

Seems to work very well and gives me more than enough slack belt room for convex grinds and sharpening.

Charlie

My Bader3, Riverside machine disk grinder and my own design and built HEG( Horizontal Edge Grinder), and surface grinder I converted to a belt grinder.

there are more than 7 grinders here... this can't be the worlds best thread with 7 grinders... take pics and post them..
woof..

Back