Christmas in july KITH 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBuzek

No Dwane you read it right,this thread just shows intrest in doin it.In july he will start another thread for those who have a knife ready to go and draw from those names.
If you don't have one ready you just don't post in the new thread and no harm.
Stan

A.W.Stovall

Yeah I was the one that missread the post ,I thought signing up committed you to doing it, but I see he is going to start another thread in july which is a great Idea, Please dont take my post as anything negative that was not the intent I see where it looked that way , Anyway I hope you do have something availble at the time Your knives look great.
Anthony

Delbert Ealy

Forum Owner-Moderator - Founder
Anthony,
Thats OK, the idea of posting a pic of the finished knife came to me several days after I started this KITH and I added it in then, its certianly possible that you read the first version. I decided to add that because I thought it would help in making sure that everyone was finished by the due date. Every KITH I have done always has a few stragglers, and that can cause some bad feelings. I want this to be as pleasurable experience as possible for all, and I put every idea that I thought would give the best outcome for everyone into this KITH. We will see how it works.

List updated
and I am making this a sticky as requested

Last edited:

Fross

Im all in, got a quick question though, IF(and it is still a big if) I decide to do a kitchen piece will a sheath be required? Just a thought... dunno if it has been asked or not, I got the culinary cutlery on my brain.... may be a little too much iron chef on my DVR?

Chris Martin

I dont think a sheath would be necessary but this isnt my KITH. I would think a nice wooden box would be cool though!2thumbs

Im all in, got a quick question though, IF(and it is still a big if) I decide to do a kitchen piece will a sheath be required? Just a thought... dunno if it has been asked or not, I got the culinary cutlery on my brain.... may be a little too much iron chef on my DVR?

Delbert Ealy

Forum Owner-Moderator - Founder

A sheath would not be required for a kitchen knife, but a stand would be nice, or as suggested a box.

Tod Lowe

Anybody have anything going yet?
I have 5 knives drawn up with one in particular as the kith knife.

Also I encourage any new makers thinking about getting in this to please join in.

Mark Redmon

Anybody have anything going yet?
I have 5 knives drawn up with one in particular as the kith knife.

Also I encourage any new makers thinking about getting in this to please join in.

I'm working on mine... trying my first hand rubbed finish.. we'll see how that goes

A.Sharpe

I got mine hammered flat from 1" round bar. I don't have a power hammer so the hard parts over.

Status
Not open for further replies.