Christmas in july KITH 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in. I participated in an exchange a couple of years ago on another forum and it was great. I was so nervous sending off one of my knives. Really pushed me to work hard at it.

Had to take a 2 year hiatus from knifemaking due to newborn and health issues with my wife. They're both doing great and I'm itching to start grinding again. Of course the itch could be from the wood I was sanding today too. LOL

Charlie

Delbert, Just a thought on the drawing of names.
Take all the names throw them in a hat. Have your daughter draw them out. List the names. The person above your name sends you a knife, You send your knife to the person below you. The name on the bottom send's to the 1st name. Hope that makes sense. It works well and is easy.

One thing... I had my username changed. Mine WAS Go Mike, but is now Mike Jones. Just to help with the name list in the OP.

A little nudge from a buddy...ummm James got me to step up.

If you guys dont mind a total newb I would like to join in. I am still working on my first and soon second blade.

I will do my best, but it wont be a piece of art:D

Count me in guys.

Chris

Thanks for including me Delbert. I'm starting to do some stock removal and working on some new styles. More to come.

Carey

A little nudge from a buddy...ummm James got me to step up.

If you guys dont mind a total newb I would like to join in. I am still working on my first and soon second blade.

I will do my best, but it wont be a piece of art:D

Count me in guys.

Chris

Chris this is to have fun and learn. Remember this is going to be my first knife in over a year. NOW GET TO WORKIN ON IT!!!!!!2thumbs

Thanks for bumping this back up James, I was thinking about it earlier today.

How's everyone doing? Any progress?

How about something like one of these?

100_0622.jpg

I would like to get in on this. I do have a problem with drilling holes for my pins. What drill bits should be used on 5160? It has been annealed. Grinds real nice. But I can not get holes drilled. Thanks.

Any way to make this a sticky ? We have a lot of time left to get more people if it doesnt get bumped off the page.

July 1st hugh.... I'll keep my eye on this thread and may even throw one in , if I have one done and NOT sold.
I like the way your doing this that you just let everyone post up a pic of the knife they want to throw in. Then draw from that hat. Gives me a chance to say I'm in without being on a list and committed. Seems like I finish one and before I know it its sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back