David Lisch Feather Pattern S-Guard

jklein7401

I just finalized the purchase of this piece today. It will be on the way to Paul Long for a custom sheath and I will post more photos after I receive the knife and sheath. Here are some of the details from Dave.

"Overall 12 7/8" the blade 6 7/8" steel is 15n20 1084 and 1075 and pure nickel. Firepit found walrus tusk, it was a fire starter and very rare. That I know I am the first maker to put a pure nickel quill in a feather pattern bowie"

Happy New Year!!

Jon

Attachments

• Lisch 1.jpg
    Lisch 1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Lisch 2.jpg
    Lisch 2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Lisch 3.jpg
    Lisch 3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 78
:eek:Damm Jon!!! For $150 bux you scored big time2thumbs

that sure is a beauty!! Congrats on a great score

Stabber I absolutely get a joke, just so happens your price was pretty dog gone close, less a zero so I thought you actually knew. No harm, no foul you are totally cool. I for sure not insulted, just a coincidence.

Happy New Years to you!!

JonI'm cool

I don't know about the fire pit walrus tusk. What does that mean?

BossDog,

Firepit walrus tusk makes the handle quite rare. It was used as a fire started way back whenever. It is both ancient ivory and a tool. You see one every now and again on a knife but not too often. Does that help any?

Jon

I just put the knife down to make this post. I got to handle it even before Jon! It is a beautiful job all the way around, and thats the second time ever I've seen a piece of "fire pit" ivory and it happened to be walrus also. Who had it? Why DH III, of course. (edited to add here: I think it was actually J. R. Cook and the knife now belongs to Chuck Kerwin)

Great job Dave. I know Jon is gonna love it (if I send it back to him):D

Paul

Last edited:
Thank you all I am thrilled to be having a sheath made by you Paul and it is my first knife to get a one of your sheath But I don't think it will be the last. Jon I would Love to see a pic showing the sheath the knife and the stand. knife Dog's cool place you have hear.

Thank you all I am thrilled to be having a sheath made by you Paul and it is my first knife to get a one of your sheath But I don't think it will be the last. Jon I would Love to see a pic showing the sheath the knife and the stand. knife Dog's cool place you have hear.

Cool Knife Dave. Hey, Ya,all come back again and bring some pictures of some of your iron works and other knives too.

Bruce/All Dogs,

Here are some pics of my next project with Dave. Looks like the blade and ivory will make a nice bowie. What do you think?

Thanks, Jon

Attachments

• jk1 (2).jpg
    jk1 (2).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 20
  • jk2 (2).jpg
    jk2 (2).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 20
  • jk3 (2).jpg
    jk3 (2).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 20
Bruce/All Dogs,

Here are some pics of my next project with Dave. Looks like the blade and ivory will make a nice bowie. What do you think?

Thanks, Jon

What do I think? I think that is as nice a feather pattern as I've seen and some beautiful ivory too. Knowing David, he will make a show piece from it. Keep us informed of the progress. Thanks for the peek.

Well since I just learned what WIP means I guess I will start with this knife. I hope you all enjoy the process as much as I hope to.

Jon

Paul Long Sheath Completed

Here is the sheath that Paul Long just finished for this knife. Looks great doesn't it? I cannot wait to receive both I hope by the weekend. 2thumbs

Jon

Attachments

• 100_1513.jpg
    100_1513.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_1514.jpg
    100_1514.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1516.jpg
    100_1516.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1517.jpg