Does Knifedogs seem a lot less active to you?

Raymond and Steve,
Don't give up on us yet! There are a bunch of us that have a strong desire to make awesome knives. We need your help, experience, and inspiration to move forward.
By the way, what are you guys talking about with all the cold weather??? It was 80 degrees most days this week...

- Jason

I've never missed a day on the forums looking around but don't post as much as I used to. Over on the other forum I would get some arguments or just silence on my advice. I just don't give advice there anymore but here I feel appreciated because I've documented several builds. I see lots of posts that people have read but they simply don't contribute. This forum is rather small in comparison to the other one but still big enough to get good advice and we all get along. The newer guys do seem a little shy but theres no need for that, we just want to help so please post something.

I haven't posted too many pictures and WIP's lately because I think I've showed you guys everything I know and it would just be repetitious. If I ever learn anything new I'll get the chance to do another WIP. They are allot of fun.

Last edited:
I think I've showed you guys everything I know and it would just be repetitious. If I ever learn anything new I'll get the chance to do another WIP. They are allot of fun.
I always learn something new out of your WIP's. Besides it is very intertaining to watch one of your projects unfold. When was the last time someone did a WIP on an axe you can shoot?

I always learn something new out of your WIP's. Besides it is very intertaining to watch one of your projects unfold. When was the last time someone did a WIP on an axe you can shoot?

Bruce!

Your WIP threads are world class, also newer people can ask questions in sorta read time as you post your builds and each one gives a chance for all of us to learn and admire your fine and intricate work here at our home of KDs!

I agree that some on that other big site seem to just be looking for an argument or a chance to diss someone.

I've never missed a day on the forums looking around but don't post as much as I used to. Over on the other forum I would get some arguments or just silence on my advice. I just don't give advice there anymore but here I feel appreciated because I've documented several builds. I see lots of posts that people have read but they simply don't contribute. This forum is rather small in comparison to the other one but still big enough to get good advice and we all get along. The newer guys do seem a little shy but theres no need for that, we just want to help so please post something.

I haven't posted too many pictures and WIP's lately because I think I've showed you guys everything I know and it would just be repetitious. If I ever learn anything new I'll get the chance to do another WIP. They are allot of fun.

Bruce in the short time I have been here I have appreciated all the advice and WIP that you have posted.
For me this site is less intimidating to post on as a newbie and for several of the reasons already stated. Anytime I have asked a question on here I have received good advice and not felt like I was talked down to or ignored.
I visit the site multiple times a day. I really enjoy it.
JP

Bruce!

Your WIP threads are world class, also newer people can ask questions in sorta read time as you post your builds and each one gives a chance for all of us to learn and admire your fine and intricate work here at our home of KDs!

I agree that some on that other big site seem to just be looking for an argument or a chance to diss someone.

I feel the same way exactly.
Bruce in the short time I have been here I have appreciated all the advice and WIP that you have posted.
For me this site is less intimidating to post on as a newbie and for several of the reasons already stated. Anytime I have asked a question on here I have received good advice and not felt like I was talked down to or ignored.
I visit the site multiple times a day. I really enjoy it.
JP
I feel the same way at Justin does and couldn't say it any better.

And then we have members like my good friend and traveling companion Art Swyhart. Art has made knives for many many years and is here reading everyday. Art is one of the most knowledgable men I know in not just knife making but in "Life" in general. We've traveled for many years together and shared stories of all subjects. Him and his lovely wife Linda have represented the American Bladesmith Society at several shows for many years for no compensation. Just helping to spread the good news of knife making, collecting, using etc etc.
I do wish people including Art would post more often, we can all learn from their experiences and just become better friends.

Hey guys,

I'm one of those guys that check this forum every day but I don't post much.

I consider myself a reasonably accomplished maker, I am a journeyman smith, I have won a few "best" awards at a couple of small

shows, and have had pictures of a couple of knives in magazines.

That being said I usually don't have much to add that much more accomplished makers have already covered.

Mostly I feel like I would be repeating what I learned from guys like Mr. Bump.

Also it takes me forever to compose a half way decent post.

I should try harder to contribute and will in the future.

All of you that do post a bunch are awesome, I wish I was better at it.

Greg

Back